About this Company
G&F Financial Group has delivered trusted service to its members since 1940. First established under the name North Arm Fishermen’s Credit Union then to Lower Fraser Fishermen’s Credit Union in 1941, the credit union was strictly bonded to commercial fishing and the areas from Whonnock to the mouth of the Fraser River. Upon 1948, the name of the credit union changed again to Gulf and Fraser Fishermen’s Credit Union. Five years later in 1953, the credit union expanded its boundaries to include any and all fishing industry workers and their relatives in BC. Because of the changing needs of the community in the 70s, the criteria came to be “anyone who eats fish” where it recognizes our roots. By consuming the product, almost anyone could be supportive of the fishing industry in BC.