We’re looking for Associate Technical Writer and Workflow Coordinator to perform curating and editing assignments related to technical and operational support user guides, online help documentation, knowledge bases and scripting. You’ll be working with the Technical Writer to assist with technical writing and develop workflow coordination documentation. While based in Hootsuite’s Vancouver office, you will report to the Manager, Customer Support Operational Readiness
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Work on assigned technical documentation to address the Customer Support operations requirements
- Select the appropriate medium for messages (such as wikis, manuals, user guides, FAQs, or online help content/videos) based on intended audience, and use photographs, drawings, diagrams, animation, and charts that increase users’ understanding
- Under the guidance of the Technical Writer, partner with Product, Development, and Marketing teams as assigned to ensure technical documentation is developed and disseminated to support new product launches
- Publish documentation for internal and external audiences in appropriate formats on various content management systems and publish updates for external audiences in appropriate formats on social media
- Ensure standardization of content across platforms and media
- Analyze, document, maintain and update operational business processes and standard operating procedures in Customer Support. Activities may include:
- researching and benchmarking best practices,
- understanding and documenting current-state processes and developing initial sets of opportunities/alternatives for new or improved ideal states
- facilitating mapping sessions for current state and ideal state,
- working with the Customer Support Operational leadership to ensure proper control points and performance metrics exist in the processes and gather/validate business requirements through a variety of techniques.
- Act as a champion of social customer care, and proactively find ways to create social-first content that helps improve our customers’ knowledge and usage of Hootsuite.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Technical writing certificate or diploma
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Basic HTML and CSS capabilities
- Familiar with Microsoft and AP style guides
- Experience with MAC, G-Suite and LucidChart
- Familiar with agile work environment
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences
- Skilled at figuring out and managing the processes and timelines necessary to get work accomplished
- Demonstrates a desire to proactively help and serve internal/external customers
WHO YOU ARE:
- Tenacious. You are determined to succeed, and you are motivated by the success of customers, colleagues and the community.
- Curious. You are always learning and seeking ways to make things better.
- Conscientious. You keep your promises, taking your commitments to others seriously, and you have strong integrity.
- Humble. You lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives of others.
Share our values: We champion the power of human connection. We’re united globally by our shared values of innovation, grit, humility, and passion for customer success.
Make an impact: Working at the speed of social, we create value for our customers by delivering solutions that power relationships at scale. Our pace of work enables fast learning and fosters an environment where you can stretch yourself and make an impact.
Learn and grow: We’re committed to growing the capabilities of our people. We are building a learning community where you can work with diverse individuals, explore new ways of thinking, and expand your capabilities. Our employees are teachers and learners who work out loud and share their knowledge to enhance each other’s growth.
We are dedicated to building a diverse community, one where employees feel a sense of belonging, and are valued for their contributions and the perspectives they bring. Our purpose is to champion the power of human connection and the heart of connection is inclusion. You belong here.
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.