Our Marketing Teams at Best Buy Canada are home to some of the most creative and strategic thinkers in the company. From graphic designers to writers, media analysts to the managers who bring it all together, Marketing is made up of diverse and talented people all committed to one goal: building lasting relationships with our customers.
The Bilingual Copy Editor works closely with Copy Editors, Translators and Production Artists to proof both English and French advertising materials. The Bilingual Copy Editor edits and approves the product copy for advertising submitted through the Retail Marketing database and pro-actively identifies opportunities to improve advertising content through merchant education.
As a Bilingual Copy Editor you will…
- Ensure the accuracy and consistency of product description in the PIM system, including product copy and digital assets for advertising channels
- Proof internally created advertising and promotional materials. Including flyers, signage, eNewsletters, special projects, and edit them for consistency, accuracy, spelling, grammar and adherence to brand and production standards
- Provide feedback on copy, disclaimers, image and logo standards in a clear, coherent manner so internal stakeholders can understand and fulfill these requirements
- Process and produce correction notices when errors are found in advertising materials and work to develop preventive actions for continuous improvement
- Pro-actively identify opportunities to improve advertising content through merchant education.
- Respect, reinforce and revise advertising production processes, proofing processes, department workflows, and brand style guides to achieve maximum efficiency
- Translate advertising flyer for the Quebec market, using SDL Trados Studio 2017
We hope you are passionate about…
- Copy editing and Quality control; you strive to be accurate, precise, detail-oriented, and committed to consistency
- Providing best-in-class customer experience; communication and relationship-building come easy to you
- Working in a fast paced environment where change is constant
- Adapting to challenge and change; you gracefully navigate any situation you dive into and are always looking for areas of improvement
The experience we need…
- Bachelor´s Degree in English/French studies, Communications, Marketing or a related field
- You are fully bilingual in English and French with impeccable grammar skills
- Retail advertising and/or proofreading and/or copy-editing experience
- Experience in the retail consumer electronics industry
- Knowledge of the Quebec market
- Experience with product information management (PIM) and digital asset management (DAM) systems
- You manage your time wisely and know how to prioritize
- You are process-oriented and always looking for areas of improvement
- Communication and relationship building come easy to you
We believe technology is amazing and aspire to enhance our customers’ lives through technology – anywhere, anytime.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Proofreading: 1 year (Preferred)
- Copy Editing: 1 year (Preferred)