Applied Biological Materials Inc. (abm) is a rapidly-growing Vancouver-based biotech company that connects with our audience primarily through digital avenues. We are looking for a business student who is interested in learning digital media/design skill sets to join our team! A science background is not necessary – great candidates will have familiarity with digital marketing best practices.
Our team in a nutshell
The abm marketing team is all about being open to new ideas and being hungry to learn. We are a small but growing team that really supports one another to achieve our team goals. The environment is fast-paced and there is always a new project to sink your teeth into! If you don’t have a science degree, we still welcome you – in fact, we have team members of diverse backgrounds. The candidate we are looking for comes from a marketing background, but is also excited about learning digital media skills, such as basic graphic design and video creation.
Projects you will be working on
- Launching email marketing campaigns—bonus if you have prior experience with A/B testing
- Managing our social media channels
- Spearheading digital advertising campaigns with Google Adwords or on social media platforms
- Creating content for our Youtube channel
- A current student of a Business, Arts, or Science University program
- Able to juggle many deadlines and communicate well with the rest of our team
- Results-driven and love crunching numbers and finding areas of improvement in your strategy
- Up to date with what’s current in marketing and are excited to share your ideas
- Open to learning creative skill sets in digital marketing such as basic graphic design and video creation
Technical skills you should be familiar with
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.)
- Familiarity with any marketing automation platforms such as HubSpot
- Optional: Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, After Effects, Dreamweaver, etc.)
Why work with us?
- Get involved in marketing exciting, cutting-edge scientific technologies such as CRISPR gene editing
- Gain practical digital marketing experience that you can’t learn at school by taking the lead on marketing and lead generation campaigns
- Join a supportive and entrepreneurial environment where your ideas matter and can make a big impact
- Possibility to participate in local and international trade shows and conferences
- Free breakfast on us every Wednesday
What do our previous co-op students have to say about us?
“Working as a marketing design coop has helped me gain real world experience within a fun and diverse community. Not only did I learn what is current in the marketing world, but I also got to learn what is current in the science world!”
– Rupneet Atwal (SFU Interactive Arts and Technology Student)
Learn more about abm: https://www.abmgood.com/about-us.html
View our Career website: https://www.abmgood.com/misc/careers.php
Check out our Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL2CiNwEBjt-JOFB8-uIRyw