Serves as the front-line communication person for the Office of the Dean of Graduate Studies (DGS) at SFU, providing clerical and administrative support. Acts as first contact and responds to diverse inquiries regarding graduate programs and services, graduate student records, academic deadlines, financial assistance programs and other academic or administrative services. Drafts, posts, proofreads, and updates website and social media content. Releases official documentation such as transcripts, confirmation of enrollment letters, award cheques and distributes a variety of forms and other written information.
- High school graduation and general courses or training of moderate duration (one semester/equivalent), including courses or formal training in desktop publishing, web-content management applications, word processing, proof-reading/editing and office practices.
- 3 years of related experience.
- An equivalent combination of formal education, certificate/program of study and experience is acceptable.
- 50 wpm keyboarding skill with a high degree of accuracy.
- Good knowledge of and ability to use Social Media applications (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn).
- Good knowledge of University programs, policies and procedures.
- Excellent oral, interpersonal and intercultural communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Ability to use word processing, database, email and web browser applications in a PC environment (e.g. MS Word, FileMaker Pro, SFU Connect) at an intermediate level.
- Ability to use enterprise-level student information systems (e.g., SIMS) at a basic level.
- Ability to use desktop publishing, graphics, presentations, blog publishing, and web content management systems (e.g. InDesign, Illustrator, PowerPoint, AEM, CSS, HTML,) at an intermediate level.
- Ability to use image editing applications (e.g., Photoshop) at a basic level.
- Ability to use spreadsheet applications (e.g., Excel) at a basic level.
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to exercise mature judgment and initiative.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive material with discretion.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to lift or move up materials weighing to 10 kg.
For external candidates, the starting salary is the first step of the salary range.
Days/hours of work are: Monday to Friday, 9:00am-4:30pm.
Please include your cover letter and resume in one attachment.