The Communications Associate contributes to the development and execution of strategic communications, with a particular focus on the website re-design for Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies (GPS), working closely with the Communications Officer, executive team, and other team members. The Communications Associate contributes to the recruitment and retention of high-quality graduate students raising the profile of the SFU’s Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies as a premier institution for graduate studies and graduate programs both locally and globally. The Communications Associate provides website copy editing, content development, and user-friendly design concepts to support the Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies’ brand narrative, marketing and communications materials, tools and overall messaging.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Marketing, or other related field a with four years of related experience, including experience in writing, writing for the web, communications, event planning, and website design, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Excellent knowledge of communications principles, practices, and techniques.
- Excellent multi-tasking, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent knowledge of creative design software tools (e.g., Adobe Creative Suite etc.).
- Excellent knowledge of print and electronic media, blogs, and social media tools including statistics reporting and tracking.
- Excellent writing, copy-editing, and layout skills.
- Good knowledge of performance measurement tools (e.g., digital analytics software) for various online communications and marketing purposes.
- Excellent knowledge of and ability to use specialized design software applications (i.e., InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.).
- Ability to use digital photography, videography, and sound recording, and to perform associated editing and manipulation of materials.
- Good knowledge of standard office applications, desktop publishing software, content management systems and survey tools (e.g., MS Office, SurveyMonkey).
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
- Excellent interpersonal and intercultural communication skills.
- Ability to conceive, research, and develop content for various forms of written and graphic communications for a variety of audiences.
- Ability to conceptualize, develop, and manage strategic creative projects within timelines.
- Ability to exercise mature judgment, sensitivity, and tact.
- Excellent leadership and teamwork skills.
Assignment End Date: December 24, 2019
Please include your cover letter and resume in one attachment.