The Associate, Communications provides expertise in digital and print design, multi-platform design, presentations, illustrations, and infographics for the Office of the CIO at SFU. Reporting to the Communications Officer, the Associate supports ongoing strategic and operational communications within the Office of the CIO and reporting units; and engages stakeholders in all phases of project development and implementation employing a user-centered approach.
- Bachelor’s degree in design, communications, interactive arts and technology, marketing, or a related discipline and two years of related experience including professional experience in print and web design, multi-platform design, presentations, video, and illustrations and infographics, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Good knowledge of print production, CMYK and Pantone process, typography, and prepress in offset and digital printing.
- Good knowledge of desktop publishing and web authoring applications (i.e., Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Adobe Experience Manager).
- Good knowledge of website development from content, UX, and information architecture perspectives.
- Good knowledge of cross-browser, cross-platform and multi-device issues (i.e. optimizing text, graphics limitations).
- Good knowledge of branding, communications design, and marketing.
- Good communications design, marketing, and project management skills.
- Good organizational, communication (verbal and written), interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to conceptualize, develop, and manage strategic creative productions within timelines and budgets.
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with others.
- Proficiency in Google Analytics.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and meet project deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail.
Assignment End Date: One year from date of hire.
Please include one sample of your design work.
Please include your cover letter and resume in one attachment.