We’re Bananatag, nice to meet you.
We help organizations that are serious about engagement and culture communicate with their employees. Our software allows internal communicators to create beautiful emails, measure their impact, and engage employees to create better workplaces.
And of course, we don’t just talk the talk. We take the values of good communication, engagement, and culture seriously too.
We prioritize process and strategy over quick fixes and band-aids. We balance kicking-ass and taking names with a chill thoughtfulness that is essential for good work. We communicate and collaborate and then communicate some more. We get stoked on new ideas and will try anything once. When you join our team, we’ll always have your back. We’ll always push you to grow and celebrate your wins (and we’re very good at celebrating).
But enough about us. Let’s talk about you.
About the role
We’re looking for an ambitious, talented, strong-willed communicator with external and internal communication experience to tell our story and celebrate the success of communicators around the world.
To join our team of superheroes you’re going to need to be hungry. We hustle hard and we need a teammate who has the right mix of drive, stubbornness, and adaptability to accomplish huge goals others wouldn’t even attempt.
Because together, we’re going to do amazing things.
We’re a company focused on employees, culture, and communication. We dream of connecting with world-renowned thought leaders and executives, and getting them to spill their secrets on how they connect internal communications and culture in their organizations.
We’re building a tribe of customers and communicators that want to grow and evolve by providing exceptional educational content and creating connections where communicators can learn from one another through online and live events across the continent.
We’re ready to show off the success of our impressive customers by putting them in the spotlight and showing the world how they’re improving communication and building amazing company cultures (GE, CNN, Buzzfeed).
We’re ready to get our name out in the cities we live and work in and to be recognized as the best place to work for people who want to grow.
And you’re going to help us do it.
This role has a very high degree of creative freedom and visibility, and it requires abilities in multiple areas, including communications strategy, relationship building, social media, PR, event planning, and content creation.
- Helping to build our tribe of ever-evolving, growth-focused communicators.
- Identifying and building relationships with prominent thought leaders and influencers.
- Using your communications knowledge, and writing and presentation skills to contribute to our content marketing.
- Coordinating with customers and industry influencers for Chuck Chats posts and webinars.
- Connecting with business and communications leaders from the world’s biggest brands to create content on communications and workplace culture.
- Assisting with our North American events strategy and planning (finding speakers, content curation, promotion, etc).
- Collaborating with our leadership, including executives, to craft and pitch thought leadership content.
- Connecting with media outlets and journalists to pitch stories about the company.
- Helping Bananatag get recognized as one of the best places to work in BC (specifically Vancouver & Kelowna).
- Post-secondary education in communications or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Leadership experience with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Skilled storyteller, experienced in creating, editing, and promoting written and visual content.
- Excel at building and managing relationships and partnerships.
- Deep domain knowledge of our industry (5-10 years of experience in communications).
- Driven by creative intuition but able to gut check and course-correct with data, as well as report results and optimize using data.
- Ability to move between strategic and tactical thinking with ease.
- Comfortable working and thriving in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment.
Why you should work here
- Creating a healthy, supportive environment for lifelong learning. Every employee gets a juicy budget for extracurricular learning like going to conferences or taking paid classes.
- Empowering you with the authority, accountability, and autonomy to succeed.
- Our people. We prioritize having a safe work environment where everyone can feel comfortable being the best version of themselves. Our teams are diverse and stronger for it.
How we do it:
- Leaders that act as thought partners that work with you through problems rather than a micromanager that bring you through problems.
- Only hiring the best people. Who you are is just as important as what you can do.
- Competitive salaries, with regular salary reviews, plus stock options.
- Great benefits: comprehensive extended benefits package (health, dental, and vision), great vacation, and flexible remote work policy.
- A transit-friendly, convenient Downtown location.