Manages and directs the implementation and maintenance of the Department and Alumni websites. Manages communications activities for the Department of Economics. Develops promotional materials and liaises with University Communications to raise the public profile of the Department. Identifies publicity leads to be presented to University Communications and/or develops and drafts publicity stories for their consideration. Liaises with the Advancement Officer for the Faculty, University Advancement, Alumni Relations, University Communications, and the Bursaries & Awards Office. Initiates and maintains contact with alumni and former faculty, the general public, and related public interest groups. Liaises with and supports the promotional activities of the Undergraduate and Graduate Economics Student Society. Plans and coordinates departmental, alumni and student engagement events.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, English, or Business Administration and three years of related experience including website design, editing and systems analysis OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (both oral and written) and presentation skills.
- Excellent knowledge of social media and website tools, including search engine optimization, statistics reporting and tracking.
- Proficiency in the use of web publishing, graphic design applications (e.g. AEM, HTML, Dreamweaver, In Design, Adobe Photoshop), desktop and server operating systems (e.g. Windows, Linux and other Unix systems, Mac O/S).
- Excellent knowledge of internet and web based operations and functionality.
- Excellent intercultural communication skills.
- Excellent project management and event planning skills.
- Ability to interpret and apply policies.
- Ability to exercise mature judgment, initiative, diplomacy and tact.
- Ability to arrange suitable transportation to various work locations.