Vancity, one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, is looking to recruit Vancouver’s Best and Brightest Content Marketing Strategist. Join an exciting, dynamic and experienced team of marketers during a transformative time for a great company.
You are a dynamic content creator who specializes in developing and distributing valuable, relevant, consistent and exciting content to drive people to action. You can wear both a marketing and a publishing hat seamlessly.
In this role, you will:
- Organize, and implement a top-notch cross channel content strategy and editorial calendar.
- Research, create and edit content for all marketing vehicles including emails, website, social and direct mail.
- Translate Vancity’s Good Money™ brand promise to our members by using your excellent communications skills to collaborate with stakeholders in creating marketing content that speaks to our core values and engages our members while maintaining a consistent brand voice.
This is an ideal position for someone who is creative, knows how to write intriguing content and understands our membership. As a marketing professional, you will identify new and interesting content opportunities. Strong experience in content strategy, content marketing, branding and writing is a must.
A typical day would involve: The make up of your day changes each day, and you thrive on that. No two days look exactly alike, but you welcome the challenge. One day, you might be brainstorming our approach to content, and the next, you might be crafting a real-time story for immediate release. You enjoy having fun, and being part of a lively team, and you spend a portion of your day connecting with the people in your department, as well as outside your department. You wake up thinking about the great stories you want to tell each day and look for areas to measure and improve the way we work, and what we produce.
- An experienced creator – you can conceptualize and create compelling stories of all forms to best engage our membership.
- Passionate for strategy – a highly motivated individual with a passion for a strategic approach to content.
- A story hunter – you know how and where to look for stories, including the questions to ask to unearth great content.
- Effective & results-driven – an effective worker, who shows full commitment to the tasks assigned and approaches those tasks analytically to deliver results.
- A credible & influential communicator – you are the subject matter expert, able to provide specialized advice, guidance and explanations, while gaining the necessary support system to make marketing magic happen.
- A Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Journalism, Communications, Digital Marketing or Business Administration.
Bonus points, if you have previous experience with:
- Social Media Analytics
- Email Marketing Platforms and Analytics
In this role, you will report into the Marketing Manager-Digital and be a part of a dynamic team of five other marketing experts responsible for delivering across the vast array of elements within the Vancity digital ecosystem, including social media, digital signage, Vancity.com and our internal intranet site.
We are on a journey to transform our business, to redefine wealth and increase member prosperity for the long term. For us “wealth” includes not just financial and economic prosperity but other things too: social well-being, environmental health, community strength. At Vancity you’ll get a great career by putting your talents and experience to good.
We invite you to join us on that journey.
Posting Deadline: Please apply by 5:00 PM, August 16, 2019. This opportunity will remain posted until filled.
- Our vision is to redefine wealth. As a values-based financial co-operative, we are committed to transforming how banking is done by helping our members and local communities thrive financially, socially and environmentally with impact to make our world a better place.
- We are the largest private-sector Living Wage Employer in Canada and have been consistently recognized as one of the Top Employers in Canada. Come join our team of 2,600 diverse individuals and access competitive rewards & benefits.
- Start your Vancity career journey with us even if you’re new to financial services! We encourage opportunities to learn & develop to prepare you for career success, which in turn continuously impresses how we serve our membership.
- We value Integrity, Innovation, Responsibility and Reconciliation.
To learn more about Vancity, please visit www.vancity.com/AboutVancity.