Seequent is a world leader in the development of data visualization software. Our solutions (including Leapfrog) enable people to craft rich stories and uncover valuable insights from geological data, and ultimately make better decisions about their earth, environment and energy challenges.
Seequent is full of stories. For example, one of our technical advisors is helping a mining company extract geothermal-fluid lithium from old mine workings. Another one of our staff helped find clean drinking water for a hundred thousand individuals in Gulu, Uganda.
As a growing global organization, we have offices in Canada, Chile, Brazil, Peru, Russia, Australia, South Africa, and the UK. Our primary software development centres are in New Zealand (head office), Canada and South Africa.
The Role and Opportunity
Over the course of consulting and support projects, our people deliver numerous and varied solutions, enabling our clients to become more efficient, save time or money, extract better value, streamline their processes and reduce risk and uncertainty. The knowledge and expertise our people use and gain through these projects is ideally captured, documented and made available to other individuals within Seequent. In appropriate scenarios, these stories should be re-purposed for our external websites to share with our technical and/or non-technical audiences. We refer to this knowledge and learning captured as ‘Value Stories’, which we see as key to the growth of our people and to the success of delivering solutions to our clients.
Key to this project is development of a content strategy plan that encompasses the different goals of our sectors (Civil & Environmental, Energy, Mining & Minerals) and departments. To effectively capture and disseminate these value stories, you will need to work cross-department to ensure created content supports the overall goals of the business.
The Content Writer and Strategist will be working in the Chief Customer team, which includes individuals with expertise in marketing, brand, multi-media storytelling, UX/UI, web services and community. Your direct team includes another storyteller with experience in geological modelling.
To be considered for this role, you must have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Professional Writing, English, Technical Writing, Communications, or similar field or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years working with technical content.
- 3+ years working in content strategy.
- Examples of technical content writing, articles, white papers, etc.
- A strong editorial background and exceptional skill in proofreading and creating, implementing, and ensuring adherence to technical style guides.
- Good judgment and open communication.
- Demonstrated success at learning and explaining business/technical processes.
- The ability to prioritize and manage multiple stakeholder needs in a fast-paced environment.
- Fluency in English.
These are also preferred:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a technical/engineering field.
- Work experience in a global team environment.
- Previous usage of content management system.
Competencies required to be successful in this role:
- High technical aptitude/rapport and ability to ask revealing questions.
- Strong writer/storyteller – multi-media storytelling experience is an advantage.
- Quick, eager learner.
- Appreciation for commercial/business dynamics.
Our clients use our data visualization software and collaborative technology for rapid, three-dimensional earth modelling and partner engagement. Projects range from road and rail tunnel construction, groundwater detection and management, geothermal exploration, mineral investigative studies, and resource evaluation.
Seequent’s global team is diverse – we’re geologists, software engineers, sales people and communication specialists. We’re technical experts who are motivated by the challenges our customers face. We use the experience of our people to solve the highly complex problems of today, and work toward the bigger solutions of tomorrow.
You will enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package plus you’ll be part of a fast-paced, innovative and agile organisation which values your professional growth and development.
If what we do is something that would get you out of bed in the morning, we would love to hear from you.