It’s your experience that counts
Rise is Canada’s complete HR + Benefits + Payroll solution that gives businesses everything they need to build loyal and productive teams — all in one place.
When you step through our doors, you’ll discover a workplace that brings people together to innovate and succeed. We’re a forward thinking group of individuals that believes in building strong relationships, challenging one another, and fostering an open environment of dialogue and creativity.
Headquartered in Vancouver, we serve hundreds of businesses and thousands of employees across Canada and have big plans to grow. We care deeply about our employee experiences and support each individual with our own HR + Benefits solution that we all trust.
At Rise, it goes without saying that we have a lot of fun, and we’d really love you to join us. We aim to provide you with the most positive, challenging, and transformative experience of your career.
This could be you
We’re looking for an experienced corporate communications and community manager that brings their expertise in representing senior leadership in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
This strategic communications role will require you to lead the development and implementation of national communications strategies and plans to strengthen Rise’s brand with all stakeholders, including s – employees, customers and clients – across Canada.
Keys to success in this role include a superior ability to distill complex ideas and communicate them in a compelling way, proven strategic planning and project management disciplines, and expertise in internal and external communications, branding, digital and social media, media relations and reputation management.
As a representative of senior leadership, you embody Rise’s values and have a solid understanding of our business strategy, values and brand.
Here’s what you’ll be doing
#1) Rolling-out an effective C-Suite engagement strategy
You’ll support the C-Suite on strategic priorities related to internal and external communications, media relations, social media and image/reputation management, brand development, and employee engagement communications and activities. You’ll act as lead integrator for C-Suite content and planning (internal and external), working with the Director of Marketing as well as communication channel owners and subject matter experts. This role involves a wide variety of responsibilities, from leading the C-Suite’s thought leadership and social media strategies in conjunction with the Director of Marketing, crafting corporate messaging resources (remarks, briefs, and other materials as required), and applying for awards.
#2) Leading C-Suite communications content development
As the owner of corporate communications, you’ll lead the sourcing and development of content for the C-suite across a variety of channels, including all hands meetings, leadership notes, presentations, blogs, videos, social media, conferences, etc. You’ll lead the development of various corporate communications plans, partnering with the People & Culture team, IT team, as well as various other departments. In addition, you’ll champion new and innovative ways to share information about corporate advancements, plans and initiatives with employees and lead the measurement/impact assessments on C-Suite communication programs.
#3) Managing internal and external communications and protocols
You’ll be responsible for ensuring the integrity of our brand standards and messaging protocols across the organization and network as well as strengthening policies and procedures related to brand management, media relations and issues management. You’ll develop strategies, plans and tactics to further engage/inform all Rise employees, including promoting the continued use of our engagement and HR platforms.
You’ll also identify and report on key performance indicators on an ongoing and as-needed basis to ensure continued alignment with strategy and objectives. A key part of this role will involve managing media monitoring activities, media requests, being proactive on social media, and developing and implementing a proactive media relations plan to strengthen the Rise brand. You will act as the media spokesperson as required, developing standby as well as key media messages as required.
- University degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing or a related field
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a communications leadership role
- Proven track record of developing and implementing strategic communications plans and campaigns for both internal and external audiences
- Deliver a coordinated approach to reputation management across multiple internal and external audiences and channels to ensure consistent, high quality messaging
- Demonstrate strong communication skills; speak, and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques
- Champion a straight-talk communications style that promotes clarity when writing talking points, leadership messages, speeches and briefing documents for C-suite
- Exceptional written skills – ability to research and distill complex content into concise and compelling formats for a variety of media, ranging from social media and internal communications to conference speeches and white papers
- Proven ability to build integrated communications plans that align resources and improve impact
- Extraordinary listening skills and ability to synthesize information and develop appropriate actions
- Proven sense of urgency and demonstrated ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization and external parties. Awareness of cultural differences and sensitivities is essential.