lululemon is seeking a Corporate Communications Specialist for its Global Communications team.
Reporting directly to the Director, Global Corporate Communications, this role will be 50% responsible for supporting the global corporate communications team, and 50% responsible for developing social media strategies that support the CEO, senior executives and employer brand programs. The right candidate will serve as an integral part of the global communications team, working in tandem with our global social media and integrated communications function.
The ideal candidate is a highly-motivated, well-seasoned professional with strong judgement, solid writing skills, a collaborative mindset with great relationship building skills. This person is incredibly strategic and has the ability to take complicated situations and turn them into simple, powerful narratives.
- support the global corporate communications team on devising media strategies and programs that support lululemon’s global corporate narrative and reputation
- work in partnership with the global corporate communications and social media team to develop strategic direction and content for CEO social channels (Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and other aspects of the digital landscape)
- support the global CEO social media strategy
- create thought-starters for senior executive social storytelling
- support employer brand social and LinkedIn strategies
- support cross-promotion strategy across global + regional lululemon social channels
- partner closely with the global communications and global social / digital engagement teams on all issues management
- create and maintain strong connections with cross functional partners that keep you fresh and up-to-date with lululemon’s overall brand direction
- you have a minimum of 6 years’ experience in a strategic communications / social media role
- you are a clear communicator with a strong ability to solve problems effectively
- you are a strategic thinker with a global mindset
- you have worked with senior executives in previous roles
- You have sharp attention to detail and are a champion of consistency
- you are capable of juggling multiple projects within tight deadlines
- You understand the channels, tools, measurement and reporting
- you have experience in brand reputation and issues and crisis management; working closely with social media teams
- you love connecting with others and have a proven ability to work within a team
- you’re a self-starter with a “can-do” attitude; you’re excited by possibilities and you think big picture and outside the box
- Education: min. Bachelor’s degree
NOTE: Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest. lululemon is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request. This Equal Employment Opportunity policy applies to all practices relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, discipline, transfer, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment. While management is primarily responsible for seeing that lululemon equal employment opportunity policies are implemented, you share in the responsibility for assuring that, by your personal actions, the policies are effective.