What We’re Looking For
We’re on the hunt for an experienced and talented Digital Marketing Analyst to join our team in Vancouver. The Digital Marketing Analyst is a key role on the Data and Optimization team and is responsible for designing and creating custom reports, executing Google Tag Manager and Analytics audits and advanced configurations, and assisting in the development and execution of data-driven marketing strategies. Reporting to our Director of Data and Optimization, the Digital Marketing Analyst will be tasked with ensuring that all deliverables are presented on time and meet client objectives.
The Digital Marketing Analyst that we’re looking for is energized by data, and enjoys not only interpreting and organizing information, but is also driven to find ways to efficiently and effectively use data to gain business intelligence. We’re looking for someone who will take ownership of complex analytics projects, shows initiative, values collaboration and is a strong communicator, with excellent written, verbal and listening skills.
What It’s Like To Work With Us
Major Tom is the next iteration of digital marketing — a full-service agency that’s been purpose-built to help organizations thrive in an increasingly complex landscape. We’ve been serving our partners from our offices in New York, Toronto, and Vancouver since 2000.
We are a team of industry-leading specialists hand-picked from across the globe covering the full spectrum of strategy, marketing, development, and creative. Made up of some of the brightest minds on the web, we humanize modern marketing, cutting through the noise to bring clarity to our clients.
We’re committed to teamwork and leveraging the unique knowledge of every individual. We believe that passion and accountability are critical to delivering exceptional work. Our biggest heroes bring humility, an open mind, and laughter to our team every single day. We’re an informal, yet professional group that truly cares about one another, and our culture is probably articulated best on sites such as Glassdoor, Facebook, and Instagram. We highly encourage you to check these out if you want to know the real deal.
We’re fortunate enough to have an enviable roster of international clients that includes NYU, Pirelli, NBC, Orkin, Cactus Club, and KPMG.
More About What We’re Looking For:
- 2-5 years working in digital marketing, with a focus on analytics, at an agency, or similar client-side role, or combination
- Genuine excitement and curiosity for audience marketing and digital analytics
- Able to understand and interpret data using analytics and reporting tools
- Able to demonstrate how SEM tactics and campaigns contribute to broader marketing strategies and client business or marketing objectives.
- Google Analytics (Intermediate to Advanced), Tag Manager (Intermediate to Advanced), Google Data Studio (Intermediate to Advanced), SuperMetrics (Intermediate to Advanced)
- Google AdWords (Intermediate), Bing Ads (Intermediate), Facebook Ads (Intermediate)
- Knowledge of search engine optimization
- Knowledge of conversion rate optimization
- Excellent presentation skills and comfortable speaking in client/project meetings
- Able to take ownership of increasingly complex projects with minimal guidance
- Ability to maintain job performance and a positive attitude in a growing and changing organization
What You’ll Get To Do
- Build sophisticated custom client reports and dashboards in support of accounts and account growth.
- Communicate regularly with account managers ensuring client’s goals are being met and providing insight into additional service opportunities.
- Proactively make strategic campaign recommendations to clients.
- Data analysis (eg. RFM, CLV models).
- Advanced GTM/GA audits and installations, including Enhanced eCommerce, custom events, and data layer implementation.
- Develop and assist data-driven performance marketing strategies.
- Data-driven testing and user research to provide proactive insights and recommendations on the performance and trends seen within a given team’s digital advertising efforts.
- Provide analyses of large data sets, leveraging various data sources such as SuperMetrics, Google Ads, and others. Advanced knowledge of Google Sheets formulae a strong asset.
- Provide strategic guidance and training to account managers as needed as it pertains to interpreting and creating complex reports.
Thanks for taking the time to check out this opportunity and for your interest in Major Tom! Unfortunately, due to the number of applications we receive we are not able to contact everyone who applies. However, all applications are all stored in our talent database and will be considered for future opportunities.