Why you should work with us
At BCLC, we believe that our people are what makes us amazing so we are committed to our people. We have a culture of fun and hard work – it’s not unusual to see teams eating together at lunch in the cafeteria or heading outside for a walking meeting. We continue to have a highly engaged team and we’ve been named one of BC’s Top 50 Employers for over 10 years. Here are a few reasons why it’s great to be part of the team:
- Flexible work hours
- Robust wellness program with free onsite yoga, bootcamp, running club and more
- Competitive compensation
- Company paid Flexible Health and Dental plan for you and your family
- Defined Benefit Pension Program
- Leadership and professional development programs
Why our Vancouver office is so awesome
Vancouver has been regularly voted one of the top cities to live in the world with one of the mildest climates of any city in Canada. It is home to our Marketing and Sales Office and features:
- A subsidized cafeteria with healthy and delicious food choices
- Free parking
- Easy access to transit, including the Sky Train
- Secure bike facilities and easy access off the Central Valley Greenway
The Digital Marketing Specialist is responsible for developing digital and traditional marketing, advertising and promotional strategies, and tactical plans for specific product category/channels. The role is responsible for the implementation of comprehensive marketing plans for our gambling products and proactively builds, develops and manages strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including vendors such as external agencies, for an assigned portfolio of BCLC’s business: Lottery, Casino, Sports Betting, and/or PlayNow.
- Develops marketing plans to optimize BCLC’s eGaming presence, bringing forward and advocating for portfolio needs when appropriate.
- Within the assigned portfolio, develops a strong digital presence that will advance business goals and objectives. Simultaneously, manages multiple digital marketing programs, integrated across digital channels (web, mobile, and social – both owned and paid channels).
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to develop, implement, and manage all key components of integrated marketing campaigns including strategy, campaign briefs, targeting, budgeting, creative development, and execution. Campaigns are executed on time and on budget.
- Ensures that the marketing activity supports a seamless customer experience and is a reflection of the appropriate brand identity. Ensures digital campaigns are integrated to larger mass marketing campaigns and / or customized for the medium to deliver greater overall performance.
- At times, develops traditional marketing campaigns to support BCLC’s digital commerce business and any business-to-business customers (i.e. PlayNow and PlayNow Manitoba). This will involve managing some non-digital marketing campaigns like TV, print, radio, out-of-home, point-of-sale, sponsorships and promotions, and event management.
- Supported by Enterprise Business Intelligence & Analytics, develops and maintains performance reporting and metrics on both an aggregate and on an initiative basis, in order to demonstrate proof of performance and the value of digital marketing. Regularly communicates results to key stakeholders
- As a subject matter expert, implements best practices and stays on top of related industry trends and emerging techniques; Proactively identifies opportunities to improve digital performance with an eye for innovation and “out of the box” thinking.
- Proactively builds, develops, maintains and maintains strong working relationships with internal departments, business partners, suppliers, regulatory and government bodies, to ensure successful execution initiatives.
Minimum Required Qualifications
Education and Experience
- A university degree in a related discipline such as business, marketing, or communications;
- 3 to 5 years related experience;
- An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
- Proven results and demonstrated expertise in digital marketing (display & search channels) is required;
- Demonstrated knowledge of and proficiency in the principles, concepts, practices, techniques and tools in the areas of marketing, communications, and program and brand management;
- Highly creative, innovative and collaborative with excellent interpersonal skills;
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills, with the ability to work to tight deadlines with close attention to detail;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Experience using analytics or attribution platforms like Google Analytics, Omniture, or other analysis platforms.
- Extra bonus for strong Microsoft Excel skills in order to analyze data yourself as necessary.
- Strong computer skills (MS Office Suite);
- Understanding of B.C. gambling industry and sports betting is an asset