The Director, Marketing & Communications provides strategic leadership in the branding, communication, marketing, and advertising activities for the Faculty of Science. The Director is responsible for the development, implementation, and management of the Faculty’s internal and external marketing and communication strategies and plans to keep a multi-campus Faculty informed and connected. The Director manages and oversees the design, development and content of the Faculty’s advertising and promotion for student and faculty recruitment, research excellence awareness, community engagement and public events, online and print communications, media and public relations activities to raise the profile of the Faculties teaching and research and provides expert advice and support to individual units in the Faculty.
- Master’s degree in Marketing and five years of related experience in marketing, communication, and media, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Excellent knowledge of marketing and communications strategies, principles and practices.
- Excellent knowledge of standard office applications, content management systems, graphic design software, social media and performance tools, video production and desktop publishing applications (e.g., Photoshop, AEM, Google Analytics).
- Excellent communication skills including writing, copy editing and layout skills.
- Excellent administrative, project management, teamwork, planning, and organizational skills.
- Excellent leadership, intercultural and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to conceive, design, research, write, and develop stories, features, reports, newsletters, and brochures and other written and graphic communications.
- Ability to conceptualize, develop, and manage strategic creative projects within timelines.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external contacts.
- Ability to establish priorities and to work on a number of different initiatives concurrently.
- Ability to use, edit and publish digital photography and videography.
- Ability to exercise mature judgment, tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to work in a highly demanding and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to develop relationships and partnerships and to work collaboratively at all levels and areas within the organization.
- Ability to arrange suitable transportation to various work locations.
Please include your cover letter and resume in one attachment.