ABOUT GOWLING WLG
At Gowling WLG, our dedication to excellence and quality service begins with our people. As a global law firm with offices across Canada, the U.K., Europe, the Middle East and Asia, we pride ourselves on sourcing and retaining top talent who bring energy, passion and commitment to the delivery of outstanding client service.
When it comes to diversity, we not only accept it — we celebrate it, support it and thrive on it. To create an engaging and rewarding place to work, we seek to attract talented people from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures. Our aim is to help everyone reach their full potential and achieve their personal and professional goals.
Employee satisfaction is important to us. We work hard to ensure that our people are motivated, engaged and empowered. Our diverse group of legal professionals, law students, law clerks/paralegals, legal administrative assistants and business support staff work together as a team, and are respected and valued for their individual contributions.
Develop and implement strategic firm-wide initiatives to secure new clients, strengthen existing client relationships and develop the Gowling WLG brand.
Provide strategic direction to the firm’s business development and marketing function in Canada and Russia.
This position can be based in any of the following Gowling WLG offices: Vancouver, Calgary, Hamilton, Toronto, Ottawa and Montreal.
- Establish and direct the development and implementation of firm-wide revenue generating strategies and initiatives related to brand development, business development, and marketing operations in Canada and Russia.
- Provide leadership of the business development & marketing function by guiding and developing direct reports and encouraging overall collaboration and diversity of thought.
- Provide functional expertise in business development and marketing and work closely with other functional leaders to maximize firm performance.
- Periodically review the structure of the business development and marketing function to ensure that it aligns to the strategic plan and meets the firm’s objectives.
- In collaboration with global, national and local leadership, align firm-wide and local office goals, resources and service offerings.
- Manage and develop relationships with key stakeholders, including Gowling WLG (UK) LLP and the Firm’s top clients.
- Oversee delivery of business development training and coaching to lawyers to enhance their skills in initiating, developing and closing business development opportunities.
- Create and drive an innovative approach to business development and marketing, with continuous improvement in systems, processes, standards and services.
- Set and report on KPIs to track progress and measure effectiveness and value.
- Lead strategic initiatives/special projects as requested.
- Minimum of 12 years of senior level experience in the marketing and business development area with a minimum of 7 years of management experience, preferably in a professional services organization.
- University degree in a relevant field.
- Ability to work with and influence multiple key stakeholders and peers in order to accomplish common objectives.
- Ability to prioritize and redefine priorities when necessary.
- Strong multi-tasking and project management skills.
- Strong communication, organizational, time management and leadership skills.
- Experience delivering marketing support and managing teams across multiple offices and in international markets.
- Demonstrated ability to get actively involved in a ‘get it done’ environment.
- Domestic travel required.
Gowling WLG is proud to offer equal employment opportunities.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know.
While we appreciate all applications received, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.