Director of Marketing
Marketing – North Vancouver, BC, Canada – Full Time
You’re a strong marketing leader who is equally talented at managing daily operations and strategizing for the months and years ahead. You’re knowledgeable in digital tactics, with experience in metrics and data, and working with multiple channels and platforms to engage with current and future customers…and create a positive customer experience online and at events. In fact, customer experience drives everything you do, and you work hard to constantly refresh and delight through all communication touchpoints. You thrive on fast-paced work, great working relationships, and changes of scenery to keep life moving forward and fun.
Smart, Savvy + Associates has partnered with our client, a North American event production company, in their search for a Marketing Director. Reporting to the Vice President of Operations and based in the Greater Vancouver area, this key role works directly with the Senior Leadership Team. If you’re innovative and creative each day, working alongside a team of passionate professionals who love pushing the envelope and creating one-of-a-kind memories, consider applying for this opportunity today!
About the role:
The Marketing Director leads a cross-functional team to plan, create, and execute all aspects of the company’s marketing vision. The role is directly responsible for the areas of digital marketing technology, strategic partnerships, and project management for the marketing team’s activities. Main tasks include:
- Department management – responsible for leadership tasks related to budget, staffing, alignment of work assignments with greater event calendar and with business development goals for long-term growth
- Lead department team of marketing and digital specialists, working with individuals on their skills and skill development and career advancement
- Make key decisions for the department that assess risk and potential +/-ve outcomes, conduct market analysis for potential new events/venues and provide detailed reports
- Research, test and lead new marketing programs to continue to reach out to new customer segments
- Develop and maintain data analysis program to capitalize on available analytics for social media, email marketing, retargeting campaigns, etc.
- Continually collaborate with brand and digital teams to ensure alignment of programs and initiatives and work with a cohesive marketing strategy
- 8+ years’ experience in marketing related to events/entertainment/hospitality with a strong focus on digital engagement and customer/guest experience
- 5+ years’ experience leading teams and managing agency and partnership relationships
- Demonstrated experience developing digital strategy for large-scale global initiatives using a storytelling approach to campaigns and content
- Strong knowledge and experience of the use of social media to build brand and customer experience
- Excellent communications skills both verbally and writing, in-person and via digital channels
About Smart, Savvy + Associates Recruitment Professionals
Smart, Savvy + Associates are experts in helping marketing and communications leaders find people and develop teams that thrive and deliver inspiring results. As a people performance company, we specialize in finding marketing and communications talent in the Pacific North West. Our specialty is strong relationships: we get to know our candidates and we take the time to explore the job requirements, workplace culture, and business objectives surrounding each hire.