We are hiring for a Director, Product Marketing!
About the role:
Have you ever wanted to develop and grow your own Product Marketing team? As PayByPhone’s first Director, Product Marketing, you will get this awesome opportunity! Working with the Product Leadership Team, you will nurture a team of global Product Marketing Managers, focussed on the ‘Go To Market’ strategy of all products onto the global stage and into the relevant regional markets. This is the right role for you if you are an expert at building strong relationships with regional teams, while developing and delivering compelling training material!
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Develop the overall go to market strategy for PayByPhone products and services on a global and regional level.
- Develop exceptional internal relationships, especially with the commercial and marketing organizations to ensure maximum impact on product launch and continued product success in the markets.
- Build an exceptional team of regionally based (NA and EU) product marketing managers who can independently launch and evangelize products.
- Be a strong stakeholder in the prioritization and planning team that creates company wide priority and develops executable delivery plans.
- Learn and master the needs and motivations of the markets, in all geographies, in order to inform company and go to market strategy.
- Be immersed in market and trend analysis to ensure specific market requirements are represented at a global level.
- Conduct and/or outsource (to research and insights team) relevant research/discovery activities with the appropriate audience in order to understand the industry and relevant market trends, and competitor movements.
- Work with the Product Leadership team to create engaging and relevant internal and external training opportunities across the Product Team.
- Embrace a continuous personal development mentality, always seeking to learn and improve in line with current role and future development path.
- Support a strong product culture, evangelizing product marketing practices throughout the organization.
- Champion a mentoring approach to development throughout the organization.
- Actively seek a deep understanding of the business by forming strong partnerships with the commercial and finance teams as well as working closely with the senior leadership team.
You’ll excel in this role if you have:
The ability to thrive in an ever evolving industry. Resilience will be key as priorities and focus shift. You’ll have the ability to keep the team on an even keel during these crucial periods.
Excellent decision making abilities. You’re skills at navigating competing business priorities, while maintaining a strong grasp of the specific markets and the global product offering.
Top leadership skills. You understand the importance of leading by influencing and you take a supportive approach to management and mentoring.
- 7+ years in product marketing, ideally in a SaaS environment.
- 5+ years working in the technology sector.
- Strong experience in leading distributed product marketing teams.
- Demonstrated strong creative flair tied with strong industry awareness to create products that cut through a commoditized industry.
- Exposure to technology products and services that serve multiple markets (geographies).
- Experience combining existing and new products to create compelling product suits and services.
- A strong training background, ability to create and deliver engaging content.
- Experience of performing well in a large, rapidly expanding organizations.
- A strong understanding of business and finance which enables you to contribute meaningfully to the commercial success of your products.
- Excellent communication skills; writing, speaking, presenting.
- Strong people management skills, including mentoring, training, and professional development.
- Qualifications in Marketing is desired.
Success in this role looks like:
- Building an exemplary level of trust with the markets, the wider product team and the global customer base.
- Excellent, meaningful product positioning that derive customer value and overall business success.
Here at PayByPhone, our strength is in our people: a talented team behind a fantastic product. We are a creative, ambitious and driven multi-disciplinary group. We value learning and fun as we innovate to help millions of consumers pay for parking easily and securely. Our teams are growing; but not without you.
Together, we’re on a mission to simplify the world of mobility payments – one parking spot at a time. We’re one of the fastest-growing mobile payment companies in the world and process over 90 million parking, transit, and bike-share transactions a year in cities across North America, Europe and Australia. Our teams help millions of consumers easily and securely pay for parking and transportation without the hassles of waiting in line, carrying change, or risking costly fines.
Now, with a recent acquisition by Volkswagen Financial Services, our growth has a global focus and we can’t do it alone. We need the right people working with us to help reach our lofty goals and we want it to be you.