Legalization has opened up the recreational cannabis market in Canada, and the global demand for medical cannabis continues to expand. In this exciting new environment, Canopy Growth’s mission is to be the No. 1 cannabis company in the world. We’re looking for incredible people to join us on the journey.
With millions of square feet of licensed cannabis production and operations spanning five continents, Canopy Growth Corporation (“Canopy Growth”) is the largest legal producer of cannabis in the world. It is a listed company on the Toronto Stock Exchange (WEED), the New York Stock Exchange (CGC), and is part of the S&P Composite Index. Its wholly owned subsidiaries — including its flagship, Tweed, and international medical companies operating under the Spectrum Cannabis brand — are leading producers of legal, regulated cannabis.
Headquartered in Smiths Falls, Ontario, Canopy Growth recognizes that employees are at the core of its success, and takes pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity. Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue and increase our incredible momentum of growth.
Reporting to the Director of Ecommerce, we are looking for an Ecommerce User Experience Designer to lead the customer journey design of our Ecommerce site based upon data-driven customer insights. This is a hand-on role with a heavy focus on mobile Ecommerce UX. This role is responsible for the wireframe design of specific user journeys as well as leading managing external design, research, and development partners.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing Ecommerce team in a budding industry. The ideal candidate loves data, analytics, user stories, and has a deep curiosity for user behaviour. We’re looking for a go-getter with entrepreneurial spirit who lead in an ambiguous and fast-changing industry.
- Defining the UX strategy, vision, and customer journey for key parts of the Ecommerce customer experience
- Lead and define the user research and analytics needed to inform prioritization and design decisions, working in concert with the Ecommerce team
- Wireframe design of core user experiences (InVision, UXpin, etc) in formats suitable for developers to easily follow
- Communication of UX flows to development teams with clarity and detail on items that are must-have vs items the are nice-to-have (if technically challenging or expensive)
- Communicating design rationale to help educate and provide feedback to cross-functional teams on the value of user-centred design.
- Working collaboratively with marketing and retail to build scalable solutions that improve the user experience across the full omni-channel journey online and in store
- Design of test plans that validate design hypotheses
- Coordinate with external research vendors (focus groups, user testing, etc) to design and test user flows while surfacing research insights to the rest of the Ecommerce team
- Navigate an agile environment that requires independent self-direction with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication.
- Other duties as assigned
- 5+ years of retail Ecommerce and UX experience as an individual contributor
- Advanced skills in interaction design, information architecture, usability evaluation, and user research
- Ability to quickly identify both user goals and business goals from stakeholders and to translate those goals into detailed requirements
- Experience working in an Agile or Scrum environment
- Natural curiosity to explore fresh ideas, to capture assumptions into clear hypotheses, and to validate those hypotheses through various evaluation methods
- Education in UX design
- Love for details, process, and clear deliverables
- Focused and clear communicator
- Strong integrity and comfortable holding team members accountable to commitments
- Calm, cool and collected perspective in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Interested in the cannabis industry
This is a full-time 6 month contract position based out of Vancouver.
We appreciate the interest from all candidates, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements. If you don’t hear from us, don’t fret; every resume we get is kept in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
One last note: the chosen applicant will be required