Clearly is one of the largest e-commerce companies in the optical space based in Vancouver and serving millions of clients across the globe every day. Our purpose is to give access to vision to as many people as possible in the markets where we operate thanks to our furiously priced offer and the fastest speed of service across the globe. Our passion is to be the wow makers for our customers and our employees.
We always aim at bringing the most diverse, passionate, engaged and nice people in the Clearly family. As a tech-driven start-up, we are now looking for our next rock star to help us take our email program to the next level and support our business email marketing team. Knowledgeable in email best practice and with at least 1 year of email marketing experience (ideally working with a major ESP) under your belt, you will work on tactics to grow business revenue across our glasses and contact lens businesses, improve email engagement metrics along the way through testing, segmentation and personalization, as well as be hands-on involved in a technical migration project working with Bronto. You have a unique opportunity to build a best-in-class, innovative, simple and fresh experience for millions of consumers in Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and the US.
What does a (perfect) workday look like?
Reporting to the Email marketing lead, you spend a fair amount of time working with the wider Marketing, Creative, Analytics, IT and Business teams. You start your day fresh with a breakfast and caffeine (or not) from our kitchen and support your team in one of our most important marketing channels. Your motto? “Brilliant at basics”: you know everything about putting together a wicked engaging email, are a ninja when it comes to cutting up and segmenting lists, have basic HTML and CSS coding skills, know how to use Adobe Photoshop and are tech savvy. With enthusiasm and smiles and being one of our email marketing experts in the business, you help craft and set up the email campaigns across batch, lifecycle, and transactional emails and prepare recommendations how to improve segmentation and personalization. With an appetite for innovation, in one moment you will be working on a major ESP migration project and at the next moment adapting upcoming email campaigns to current business needs with a sense of urgency. You will be very much hands-on through execution and reporting on your campaigns.
Where we expect you to shine:
- Producing emails (with support from our in house design and copy teams), segmenting the list as needed, deploying emails and reporting on results
- Work closely with internal teams to bring campaigns to life while driving and measuring key business results.
- Analyse and gather data about campaigns to report to cross-functional partners and make decisions informed by metrics – particularly RFM and engagement metrics.
- Identify A/B testing opportunities, execute and optimize against your results.
- Ensure emails are thoroughly tested and correctly targeted prior to scheduling.
- View things holistically and see how email fits into the bigger picture.
- You work with your team to understand how to maximize performance of weekly batch emails in the context of the overall email program (including life-cycle and transactional programs).
- Stay on top of new trends in email content and strategy, including responsive design
Your main KPIs?
- Growing business revenue through email channel
- Improving email engagement metrics
- Email list growth
- Customer retention
- Supporting execution of innovation initiatives
Why we want you?
- Because our Mission to eradicate poor vision in the World is now your Mission as well
- Because you know what you are talking about: 1 year of experience with executing email programs, ideally in ecommerce
- Because your education is related to Marketing, Digital Marketing, or equivalent work experience in a relevant field
- Because you have experience in Responsys Interact, Bronto or a similar major ESP, Adobe Dreamweaver, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, and Microsoft Excel.
- Because you are analytically driven, with proven success in translating data into insights and action
- Because pursuit for how to continuously exceed performance goals
- Because you understand how to think through the user journey that surrounds the email experience
- Because you have experience building, sending, and analyzing email campaigns and programs.
- Because you have knowledge and understanding of CANSPAM and CASL legislation.
- Because you have strong organization and project management skills.
- Because you have some knowledge of HTML and CSS for email
- Because you have strong communication skills and ability to work with many different people.
- Because you love solving problems
- Because you have a detail oriented mindset and the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
What’s in it for you?
- You will be a part of a team that is making a difference – improving lives by improving sight
- Clearly will help you save for your future with 100% matching through our Employee Shareholding & Retirement Savings plans
- Receive paid time during work hours to volunteer and be recognized for your volunteer hours during non-work hours
- A total rewards package which includes extended health benefits and an annual flex spending account
- Open concept Vancouver office, designed to inspire collaboration and innovation
- Opportunities for learning and career development through an annual education allotment and employee lunch and learns
- 50% employee discount on clearly.ca
- A company that celebrates successes and recognizes its team
To succeed on our team you must have an entrepreneurial mindset that embraces challenges, and understands the potential of the Internet as an innovative tool to buy eyewear.
Applying for this position will allow you to be a part of something incredible. Clearly is a company that thrives on a culture where we believe if you can envision it, you can do it. We thank everyone who took the time to apply for this position, however, only qualified applicants will be contacted.