Herschel Supply’s eCommerce team is looking for an improvement-driven, results-oriented, hands-on Email & Retention Marketing Manager. The Email & Retention Marketing Manager is responsible for the development of a Acquisition, Retention, and Loyalty strategies that influences customer behavior and increases customer lifetime value. Reporting into the Director of Digital Marketing, your primary responsibility will be to oversee and grow all facets of the email program including the email strategy, email calendar, automated life-cycle messaging, and transactional emails. You will work in a fun, fast-paced environment delivering premier online experiences.
A DAY IN THE LIFE
Our workplace is dynamic, supportive and entrepreneurial in spirit, and we pride ourselves in being a collaborative, open-minded and imaginative team.
On a day-to-day basis, the Email & Retention Marketing Manager will:
- Work closely with eCommerce, Customer Service, Marketing, and Design to develop message strategy, copy, and creative.
- Build out strategies which include customer email journey life-cycles and improve customer experience at each touch point.
- Analyze, leverage, and present data from email marketing efforts while putting into action opportunities for improvement.
- Working closely with IT to ensure the technical needs of email marketing operations are well understood and running smoothly.
- Develop, test, and target all emails, ensuring that every message is aligned with the brand, overall campaign strategy, and objectives while remaining accessible and functional for all users on any device.
- Identify and address issues, technical or otherwise; making any necessary adjustments to ensure no email marketing activities are interrupted.
- Craft and target messages for specific audiences and build email calendar based on effective campaign timing and other best practices.
- Have a minimum of 4 – 5 years experience in email marketing, preferably in a B2C or eCommerce environment.
- Hands-on experience with HTML, CSS, and Adobe PhotoShop for email marketing.
- Experience leading projects across departments and ensuring on-time delivery of all deliverables.
- An understanding of databases and how to leverage data for segmentation and dynamic content.
- Experience with Google Analytics and email marketing platforms such as Bronto, MailChimp, Salesforce ExactTarget or a similar program.
- Excellent communication & organizational skills
- Up-to-date on email standards and best practices