Reporting to the Manager of Employee Communications, this role collaborates with various key stakeholders to support the many teams, projects and initiatives that contribute to FortisBC’s strategic vision and support its core values.
Acts as a project manager in executing communications tactics in accordance with overall strategic plans, along with monitoring costs and budgets, timelines, resources and measuring outcomes.
Acts as a key strategic partner in supporting the confidential strategic and communication needs of various internal groups.
Collaborates with key stakeholders to ensure all messaging is intrinsically aligned and appropriate for all audiences, internally and externally.
Leverages a broad range of communications technologies and channels to reach employees.
Researches, writes and distributes original content across all internal communication channels, including, but not limited to: videos, intranet, employee magazine, leadership briefings and project updates.
Establishes and maintains effective working relationships; collaborates with other stakeholders in the effective development and execution of communication plans and strategies.
Works collaboratively with leaders in the development of operational communication tools, including speeches and presentations, memos, issues notes, surveys and bulletins.
Provides counsel to leaders to enhance and protect organizational reputation, including identifying and advocating adoption of fresh approaches to employee engagement as appropriate.
Supports the planning and delivery of special events and forums supporting employee engagement.
- Proven experience in developing and leading strategic and proactive communications initiatives.
- Excellent presentation and verbal communication skills along with strong writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Adaptability and flexibility including ability to manage deadline pressure, ambiguity and change.
- Strategic thinker with strong initiative, judgment, organizational skills and creative abilities.
- A constant and curious learner; passionate to evolve and lead best in class communications practices.
- A great relationship builder that supports the creation of great communications and engagement initiatives.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint experience with Adobe Creative Suite software required.