Namaste Technologies is looking for a Head of Merchandising with a strong entrepreneurial spirit and a fervent desire to learn to help us build a world-class health & wellness company.
Reporting to the Director of Ecommerce, the Head of Merchandising will be responsible for managing a team of merchandising and assortment experts tasked with creating a robust and profitable assortment strategy, optimizing on-site product search and discovery, and identifying and managing opportunities for category expansion.
- Manage the full product strategy and execution, ensuring a robust, data-driven assortment plan
- Develop pricing strategies to manage costing and optimize margin.
- Develop/Drive Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to clearly categorize product performance, define optimal breadth and depth of assortment, lifecycle planning, and our Tip of Spear products.
- Measure and optimize search and discovery across our properties, ensuring the right product is showing up in the right place, at the right time.
- Highlight key product clusters to guide team in developing content rich experiences highlighting selling features and benefits.
- Partner tightly with the marketing team to showcase Tip of Spear products through our various channels.
- Work closely with the Purchasing Team highlighting opportunities for additions to the assortment and new category expansion.
- Prepare and hold business reviews with stakeholders to review assortment performance, category findings, search and discovery performance, and future opportunities to optimize revenue performance.
The candidate should be a self-starter with a strong work ethic, highly team-oriented, inquisitive, enjoy problem solving and focused on driving towards results.
- 5+ years of in-depth multi-category assortment management in an ecommerce business
- 5+ years of ecommerce merchandising experience with large assortments (+10,000 SKUs) across multiple brands and geographies
- 3+ years experience leading and growing high-functioning teams
- Strong analytical skills with experience in Google Analytics and data visualization
- Marketplace experience preferred
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects requiring frequent communication, organization, time management, and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent professional experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Passionate self-starter
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for Namaste Technologies leaders:
- Exhibits excellent judgment
- Entrepreneurial problem solver with strong troubleshooting skills
- Vocally self-aware and curious
- Results oriented
- Hires great people. Develops great people
- Ability to effectively manage time, multi-task, and prioritize projects to meet established deadlines
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and written
- Has relentlessly high standards
- Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution
- You love learning, and it’s one of the things you do to make yourself better every single day