SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
About the SAP Internship Experience Project:
SAP’s Internship Experience Project (iXp) is SAP’s global, paid internship program that provides university students with the opportunities to find purpose in their careers.
Three reasons to apply for SAP iXp
- Culture of collaboration: Meet with mentors, make new friends across the globe and create a thriving personal network.
- Project-driven experience: Gain cross-functional skills from our virtual and in-person learning sessions, diverse subject matter experts, and project deliverables.
- Gain visibility: With iXp in your title, you’ll have a global network of SAP leaders, entrepreneurs and career development opportunities at your fingertips.
What you’ll do:
- Position Title: Marketing Communications Specialist Intern
- Location: Vancouver, British Columbia
- Expected start date to end date: September 3, 2019 to May 1, 2020
The Communications Specialist is responsible for building and executing communications strategies that drive awareness and adoption across SAP Marketing. The focus audience is internal customers such as field marketing, digital marketing colleagues, marketing tools & technology, IT, and more. There will be strong connection points into specific change management initiatives that require strong communications support.
- Execute on key communication deliverables that support internal projects and tactical plans
- Be proficient in scheduling of deliverables and managing editorial cycles.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to create impactful media using blogs, emails, newsletters, video scripts, etc.
- Comfortable drafting, reviewing, and proofreading internal communications and presentations.
- Plan and execute on virtual events including the logistics around promotion, setup, and delivery
- Proficient in repositioning technical briefings into clear and concise messaging that can be used for broader consumption
- Make data driven decisions based on metrics to optimize our deliverables
- Comfortable making updates to community platforms
- Work collaboratively with internal stakeholders to deliver on effective, integrated and measurable communications plans for internal audiences
- Work and proactively collaborate with extended communications team to help manage editorial calendars and timing of activities.
- In conjunction with the Change Management Lead, identify and report on key connection points and portfolio performance
- Explore, leverage and implement innovative ways to creatively communicate
Who you are:
We’re looking for someone who can challenge the status quo and likes to stay curious. You enjoy working on meaningful projects and are energized by lifelong learning.
- A minimum of 2 years of University or College level education in public relations, journalism, communications or marketing.
- Excellent knowledge and application of Microsoft Office Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, Excel
- Knowledge of media monitoring tools and processes
- Superior writing, editing and presentation skills
- Strong business understanding and aptitude
- Experience with photoshop or graphic design
- Able to deal with ambiguity and tight deadlines while working effectively in a team environment
- Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks by identifying priorities and delivering under tight timelines
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate and deal proactively with peers
- Results oriented
The Communications Specialist will be working in a traditional office environment
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP’S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: [email protected] or [email protected], APJ: [email protected], EMEA: [email protected]).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Job Segment: Communications, Copy Editor, Proofreading, Intern, Marketing, Creative, Entry Level