SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
What is SAP iXp?
SAP’s Internship Experience Project (iXp) is SAP’s global, paid internship program that provides university students with the opportunities to find purpose in their careers.
Three reasons to apply for SAP iXp
- Culture of collaboration: Meet with mentors, make new friends across the globe and create a thriving personal network.
- Project-driven experience: Gain cross-functional skills from our virtual and in-person learning sessions, diverse subject matter experts, and project deliverables.
- Gain visibility: With iXp in your title, you’ll have a global network of SAP leaders, entrepreneurs and career development opportunities at your fingertips.
What you’ll do:
- Position Title: UX Designer / UX Developer Intern
- Location: Vancouver, British Columbia
- Expected start date to end date: May 2019 to December 27, 2019
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
The SAP UA (User Assistance) Team is looking for a dedicated, self-motivated individual who is interested in technology, design, web development, and technical communication.
As a Designer on the SAP User Assistance DevOps Team, you will be working on SAP’s next generation suite of user assistance technology. Your work will span across cloud and mobile front end user interfaces. You will also be involved with researching and developing new concepts that improve how technical information is best served to our customers.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
- Create, design, and build prototypes providing useful and usable user interfaces, as well as compelling user experiences.
- Maintain, manage, and deliver all visual designs from creation stage to final hand-off to development.
- Find original ideas that provide simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks.
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows, and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Present designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and senior level stakeholders, and justify their suitability.
- Conduct user research and evaluate user feedback.
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices, and standards.
- Document user interface requirements.
Who you are:
We’re looking for someone who can challenge the status quo and likes to stay curious. You enjoy working on meaningful projects and are energized by lifelong learning.
SKILLS / COMPETENCIES
- Understanding of user-centered design principles, and design thinking concepts.
- Experience with mobile apps, web based apps, and other technologies pertaining to user interface design.
- Proficiency in latest design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, OmniGraffle, or other visual design and wire-framing tools.
- Excellent visual design and user-system interaction skills.
- Strong communication skills with ability to present designs and sell solutions to stakeholders.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively.
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies.
- Strong interest in user assistance, technical communication, content design and content strategy.
- Strong interest in improving the software on-boarding experience.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Requires candidates to currently be enrolled in an undergraduate degree program which is applicable to the position.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP’S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: [email protected] or [email protected], APJ: [email protected], EMEA: [email protected]).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.