The Manager of Internal Communications exists, above all else, to inform, connect and engage all of lululemon’s internal audiences; both at the Store Support Centre (SSC) and across retail globally.
Reporting directly to the Director, Internal Communications + Engagement, this leader will be accountable for creating dynamic communication strategies and content that support internal client groups; leading operational, people and change communications for support centre employees; overseeing our internal digital communications ecosystem; and communicating big picture happenings to our people around the globe.
Ultimately, this role exists to empower lululemon employees with clarity and nurture our unique culture as we grow. There is no such thing as a typical day, but if there was, it would involve a mixture of strategy building, writing, editing, coaching partners, cross-functional collaborating, presenting, KPI reporting – and pretty much anything else it takes to ensure our people are informed and performing at their best.
The ideal candidate is a highly-motivated, digitally savvy and seasoned communications professional with a passion for growing, innovative and purpose-led brands, as well as experience creating meaningful impact on employee experience and culture through periods of growth. With strong intuition and impeccable writing skills, this role is a key connector of cross-functional partners and has the potential to directly shape lululemon’s future by driving results, through people.
• you are responsible for creating company-wide employee communications strategies to inform and unite our teams around the globe
• you will lead the planning and execution of these strategies across multiple channels and formats, working in close collaboration and thought-partnership with internal stakeholders across the organization
• you will play a leading role in setting a new vision for how lululemon delivers holistic digital communications that connect employees globally, in close partnership with Retail Communications, Technology and People & Culture
• you will provide overall leadership to lululemon’s global intranet; including vendor and partner management, site governance and content management, day-to-day management, reporting and employee engagement within the platform
• you will provide strategic communications and change communications insight; sharing in-depth knowledge of different approaches, formats and tools to inform and engage all of our employee audiences
• you will support issues and crisis communications internally, as needed
• you will provide leadership to an Internal Communications team and to internal partners with communication responsibilities
• you will partner with the Manager, Internal Communications + Engagement to ensure a seamless global strategy aligned with the business, brand and culture needs
• you have a minimum of 5-7 years of communications experience, ideally within internal and change communications and with a passion for employee experience and engagement
• you are adept at calmly and effectively managing complex, fast-moving and unexpected communications within tight timelines
• you are a strategic leader with strong writing skills above all, along with a healthy balance of visual communication and speaking skills
• you take an innovative approach to communications leveraging technology and digital tools to serve specific audience needs
• you love numbers and show the impact of your work by rooting in data
• you are a constant and curious learner; passionate to evolve and to lead best-in-class communications practices
• you love connecting with others and have a proven ability to work within and lead a team
• you’re a self-starter with a “can-do” attitude; you’re excited by possibilities and you think big picture and outside the box
• you lead with purpose and consider your development a lifelong practice