The TELUS Public Relations team is searching for a dynamic and innovative communications leader to help us formulate and drive best-in-class integrated public relations campaigns across owned, earned, and paid media.
If you are a seasoned communicator and proven leader who thrives in a multifaceted, fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, relishes working within a rapidly evolving digital and media landscape, prides yourself on staying on top of trends and new technologies, and loves finding new ways to reach and engage media, influencers, consumers and government stakeholders, this is the role for you.
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
This is not your typical media relations role. As the champion of innovation on TELUS’ Public Relations team, you will be the catalyst that shapes how TELUS optimizes media to connect with its audiences and inspires new ways of communicating the company’s key narratives.
You will lead a centre of excellence that ensures TELUS’ external communications campaigns are best-in-class and integrated across traditional and digital media. Your team of (rockstar) subject-matter experts will keep TELUS on the cutting edge of communications trends; driving results and efficiencies across earned media, brand journalism and sponsored content, paid and social amplification, social listening, data and analytics, and influencer relations.
You’re the missing piece of the puzzle
- You have 10 years’ experience in communications, ideally with a mix of media relations, brand journalism and/or digital marketing – you have a solid understanding what makes a good Financial Post story and what makes a good Instagram Story (and everything in between)
- You have a strong grasp of the evolving social and earned media landscape and understand how to weave tactics together into fully integrated campaigns
- You are passionate about telling great stories and understand how to bring them to life across multiple platforms
- You have a laser focus on emerging trends that impact the way brands, influencers and audiences use digital media
- You have a passion for data-driven insights that inform strategies prior to launch and for harvesting analytics to inform go-forward strategies at the post-mortem stage
- You’re a proven leader with a penchant for inspiring high-performing teams and mentoring top talent
- You have an undergraduate degree or equivalent post-secondary education in communications, public relations, marketing, digital marketing, journalism, or political science
- You’re a sociable and collaborative team player who wants to be part of innovative, passionate and diverse team that manages the reputation for one of Canada’s most admired brands – and has fun while doing it!
- You have previously worked at an agency and/or have experience operating in a large corporate environment
- You have working knowledge of the Canadian telecommunications regulatory and political environment
Please note: This is a mobile role – you will work in the office for the first 3 to 6 months and once you are comfortable in the position the expectation is that you are in the office at least 2 days a week.