The Manager, Marketing Operations will play an important role on PressReader’s marketing team, helping to implement and manage killer automation and acquisition processes. The successful candidate will be actively involved in both the B2B and B2C sides of the business, fine-tuning our acquisition, conversion, engagement and retention activities. Under the direction of the VP, Marketing, this person will work closely with super sharp colleagues in product marketing, paid acquisition, content marketing, strategy and design. They’ll also collaborate with our product, engineering and sales teams.
This is a really fun and kinda-technical role, requiring someone with a highly structured, analytical mind. Day-to-day, the Marketing Operations Manager will be involved in optimizing paid and organic acquisition on web and for our apps; working on our B2B lead generation funnels; and building out automation workflows to keep our B2B and B2C customers engaged and happy.
This role is perfect for some with seriously awesome marketing automation skills looking to grow quickly with a Canadian tech company, as part of a wicked-smart marketing team. For an ambitious marketer with talent that stretches across multiple disciplines, this is a great chance to grow your portfolio, have a huge impact and truly own some major projects.
If you’re the successful candidate (we hope you are), you’ll help shape PressReader’s lead generation, user acquisition, and customer engagement strategies. To do well, you’ll need to develop a strong understanding of the publishing, media, technology, hospitality, library, and aviation sectors (but we can help you with that.)
Still with us? Here’s what you’d do as our Manager, Marketing Operations:
- Help us analyze and fine-tune our paid acquisition efforts, using revenue and engagement data to evaluate attribution.
- Build out a strong user engagement strategy, using in-product messaging, push notifications, email, etc.
- Live and breathe analytics, watching our user engagement and helping us identify growth levers.
- Work with the Senior Manager, B2B Marketing and the VP, Marketing to build out a strong automation workflow (from acquisition through retention) for our B2B clients.
- Help our content marketing team by providing interesting insights.
- Work with the Creative Lab to develop project briefs and finalize design work.
- Contribute to product strategy by helping to identify test variables and come up with creative solutions.
We offer a competitive compensation package (duh), plus benefits after you complete a probation period.
If you’re interested, here’s what we need to see:
- 5+ years of experience in marketing.
- 3-5 years of experience with marketing automation, ideally in both B2B SaaS and B2C mobile environments (but we’re open to brilliant people who have killed it on one side and haven’t tried the other).
- Proof of quantitative abilities through formal education, experience, or a combination thereof.
- Native English skills with very strong writing abilities.
- Passion and motivation. We’re looking for someone with fresh ideas and the chops to make them happen.
- A structured, analytical mind: you can take something that seems fuzzy and nebulous and break it down into actionable steps with KPIs attached to them.
- A super-positive attitude and a sharp sense of humour. We need someone cool under pressure.
- Hustle. You move mountains to get things done, instead of turning around when you see a speedbump.
- Professionalism. You’re comfortable communicating with senior leadership teams of major companies.
- Organization. We need someone who hits all their deadlines all time.
- A news junkie. We need a marketer who’s informed and knows all about our industry.
- A willingness to learn and collaborate. Everyone here takes feedback easily and seriously.
- You can do some basic programming. (This isn’t a requirement, but it never hurts.)
- You’re fluent in a second (or third) language.
- You’ve worked in media tech or travel tech.
To apply, please submit your CV and blow our minds with an awesome cover letter explaining why you’re right for this role.