At BCLC, we believe that our people are what makes us amazing so we are committed to our people. We have a culture of fun and hard work – it’s not unusual to see teams eating together at lunch in the cafeteria or heading outside for a walking meeting. We continue to have a highly engaged team and we’ve been named one of BC’s Top 50 Employers for over 10 years. Here are a few reasons why it’s great to be part of the team:
- Flexible work hours
- Robust wellness program with free onsite yoga, bootcamp, running club and more
- Competitive compensation
- Company paid Flexible Health and Dental plan for you and your family
- Defined Benefit Pension Program
- Leadership and professional development programs
Why our Vancouver office is so awesome
Vancouver has been regularly voted one of the top cities to live in the world with one of the mildest climates of any city in Canada. It is home to our Marketing and Sales Office and features:
- A subsidized cafeteria with healthy and delicious food choices
- Free parking
- Easy access to transit, including the Sky Train
- Secure bike facilities and easy access off the Central Valley Greenway
The Manager, Marketing Technology and Data leads a team of marketing professionals to enable BCLC’s data-driven marketing programs. This role is integral in the strategic development, management, and execution of the marketing technology stack at BCLC and the data that enables these platforms. Working directly with the Digital Marketing & CRM team, this position will serve as a critical link between marketing operations, business stakeholders, Enterprise Business Intelligence, and Business Technology. This role influences through change, while effectively building, developing, and maintaining high profile working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders, including vendors, consultants and external agencies.
- Provides leadership to the organization in the areas of data-driven marketing and specifically the data and marketing technology platforms that enable personal and relevant customer interactions.
- Develops BCLC’s long-term marketing technology and data-driven marketing strategies in collaboration with key business stakeholders, integrating and aligning corporate strategies, as well as provides regular recommendations to corporate strategies and plans.
- Identifies, advocates, and prioritizes enhancements for core marketing systems, marketing technology platforms, and data integrations to drive marketing goals.
- Stays up to date on data and technology changes that can impact marketing performance.
- In collaboration with Business Technology, connects business needs with technology requirements while effectively communicating rationale for key business decisions to a non-technical audience.
- Business lead for marketing technology and data utilization for data-driven marketing activities, including the resolution of issues and implementing action plans, with a broad organizational perspective while ensuring the outcomes and their integrity.
- Develops and manages department budgets and develops and manages business case investments for new initiatives/expenditures, making high risk financial decisions. Provides regular updates to BCLC Executive and senior leadership on investments and results.
- Assists with vendor relationship management and contracts with procurement and business stakeholders as required.
- Influences organizational change, and contributes to the strategic direction of the division by championing BCLC’s vision, mission and values.
- Models leadership behaviours that support engagement of teams and key stakeholders such as effective resource planning, decision-making support, practicing meaningful recognition, inspiring a shared vision, communicating with stakeholders regularly, coaching / mentoring others, promoting team work, performance management, and supporting culture and change management initiatives.
- Fosters strong, productive, and positive relationships with key internal stakeholders, senior leadership, as well as external stakeholders including the public/players, service providers/retailers, vendors/suppliers, and regulatory and government bodies, in order to develop strategic partnerships and achieve desired business outcomes.
Minimum Required Qualifications
Education and Experience
- A university degree in a related discipline such as Business Administration, Computer Science, or related discipline;
- 5-7 years related experience including 5 years of people management;
- Experience developing marketing technology and data strategies for complex organizations;
- Experience in business planning in a leadership capacity;
- An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
- Expert knowledge of and proficiency in areas such as database marketing, marketing automation platforms, content management systems, data management platforms, and marketing analytics;
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams, influence business practices, and build buy-in;
- Exceptional team building and leadership skills, with a proven ability to motivate, coach and develop;
- Highly respected and collaborative team player, effective at building a high degree of trust and cooperation;
- Strong business acumen with a results-oriented focus;
- Excellent strategic orientation with an ability to find innovative yet practical strategies to achieve goals and to link several strategies into a unified, future-focused plan;
- Ability to prioritize work and resources, keeping business value at the forefront of the decision making process;
- Responsive and solutions-oriented, able to handle a wide variety of sensitive situations, while supporting others;
- Exceptional analytical skills;
- Strong computer skills (MS Office Suite);
- Advanced understanding of the B.C. and Canadian gaming industry is an asset.
Please Note: This opportunity will remain open until a qualified candidate pool has been established.
Please Note: Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada.