|Job type:||Permanent Vacancy|
|Full/part time:||Full Time|
|Number of positions:||1|
|Closing date:||October 3, 2019|
Are you a market researcher who is passionate about translating data into insights that drive decisions about engagement, service, and client experience? Interested in being part of a team that works to improve workplace health and safety and support people who are injured at work?
As a market research and insights advisor on our team, you’ll provide a wide range of research, analysis, and decision support services to deepen our understanding of the needs, attitudes, opinions, perceptions, and behaviours of our stakeholders. You’ll gather requirements, define research objectives, and conduct market research that will enhance our ability to fulfill our mandate and improve the experiences we create for those we serve.
You’ll report to the manager of Marketing and Customer Experience and provide strategic and operational leadership to support our Insights and Customer Experience program.
What you’ll do
As a market research and insights advisor, you will lead market research projects. This includes:
- Identifying and scoping market research opportunities to support strategic planning, decision-making, and program evaluation
- Accessing a wide array of research methodologies, including focus groups, in-depth interviews, surveys, panels, and online discussion boards
- Project managing clear project milestones, providing on-going consultation and communication with stakeholders
- Working cross-functionally within the organization to synthesize multiple sources of information (including secondary research)
- Uncovering and delivering insights, implications, and recommendations that drive business improvements in an easy-to-understand and engaging manner
Is this a good fit for you?
We’re looking for someone who can:
- Develop focused research objectives and identify appropriate research solutions
- Apply proper sampling techniques to achieve quotas, targeting, response rates, and representativeness
- Synthesize data and information quickly and efficiently to report findings and draw succinct conclusions for internal partners
- Build and maintain positive, effective working relationships with team members, partners, and clients
- Facilitate workshops
- Lead research projects from inception to conclusion
Your experience and educational background:
- A bachelor’s degree in marketing, business administration, computer science, or social sciences with a focus on market research
- A minimum of six years of experience conducting market research with experience of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
Who are we?
At WorkSafeBC, we’re dedicated to promoting safe and healthy workplaces across B.C. We partner with workers and employers to save lives and prevent injury, disease, and disability. When work-related injuries or diseases occur, we provide compensation, and support injured workers in their recovery, rehabilitation, and safe return to work. We also work diligently to sustain our workers compensation system for today and future generations. We’re honoured to serve the 2.3 million workers and 231,000 registered employers in our province.
What’s it like to work at WorkSafeBC?
It’s challenging, stimulating, and hugely rewarding. Our positions offer tremendous diversity and excellent opportunities for professional growth. Every day, the work we do impacts people and changes lives. What we do is important and so are the people we do it for.
Being part of WorkSafeBC means being part of a strong, committed team. Along with a competitive salary, your total compensation package may include vacation, optional leave arrangements, health care and dental benefits, and contributions toward your retirement pension. As a member of our team, you’ll have access to services and benefits that can help you get the most out of work — and life. Learn more about what we offer.
WorkSafeBC is an inclusive and accessible employer committed to employment equity objectives and invites applications from all qualified individuals. Only those under consideration will be contacted. If you’re unsuccessful, please accept our appreciation for your interest.
This position is restricted to those legally entitled to work in Canada.