STEP into a career with one of BC’s Top Employers since 2009.
The Liquor Distribution Branch (LDB) is one of the largest distributors and retailers of beverage alcohol in Canada, generating a net income of approximately $1.08 billion on annual sales of approximately $3.3 billion in fiscal 2016/17. LDB has a workforce of approximately 4,000 full and part-time employees, operates 197 retail stores across the province, oversees the operations of approximately 220 Rural Agency Stores and has the role of wholesaler to approximately 700 private liquor retail outlets and 10,000 licensed establishments.
The LDB is a unique government entity that operates with similar independence to a Crown Corporation under the direction of a General Manager and CEO.
The Marketing & Advertising Manager is responsible for designing, planning, managing, implementing, and evaluating BC Liquor Stores’ marketing and advertising activities to ensure maximum profitability and promotion of listed products. This includes developing and implementing cooperative promotional programs with supplier trade groups, foreign trade commissioners/consulates, other ministries and other internal departments; planning and managing the acquisition of promotional materials, advertising and special event marketing. The position is also responsible for managing the LDB and BC Liquor Stores’ Social Responsibility Programs.
To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process. Please note that a cover letter is a requirement for this competition.
An eligibility list for temporary or permanent future opportunities may be established. A criminal record check is required.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
Only applications submitted using the BC Public Service Recruitment System on this website will be accepted.
Visit Careers at www.bcldb.com
- Related experience as a lead member of a marketing and/or graphic team with experience in the application of merchandising principles for marketing supplemented by courses in Marketing OR equivalent combinations of training, education and experience. Minimum 2 years relevant, related experience.
- Minimum of two years of experience supervising employees in a marketing environment.
- Experience in a large, distributed retail environment is preferred.
- Knowledge of marketing and merchandising principles.
- Working knowledge of technical application of publications, promotions, and advertising – marketing.
- Working knowledge of planning, placement, productions techniques and creative process.
Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to develop marketing and special event campaigns and link long range concepts to daily work.
- Demonstrated ability to present creative solutions to marketing issues and proposals.
- Demonstrated ability to deal and communicate effectively both orally and in writing and to deal courteously, tactfully and diplomatically with other employees, industry and the general public.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and strong prioritization skills to manage multiple projects simultaneously and keep high level of focus.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Very strong customer service orientation.