You are a strategic marketing profession who is developing creative campaigns to meet your internal clients’ needs. A skilled project manager, you set up and lead initiatives from concept to execution (and evaluation). As a strong writer and picky editor, you’re equally talented with snappy, informative, and persuasive copy for ads, web content, and long-form documents. You are a confident communicator and enjoy collaborating with diverse groups of professionals.
Smart, Savvy + Associates has partnered with our client, British Columbia Institute of Technology (BCIT), in their search for a Marketing and Communications Strategist. Reporting to Marketing Manager, this role supports internal clients and BCIT’s greater business objectives through development and execution of marketing programs and initiatives. If you’re a marketing professional who is a skilled strategist, strong project manager and an innovative thinker, consider applying for this opportunity today!
About the role:
The Marketing and Communications Strategist develops proactive strategic business partnerships with assigned program and service areas in order to develop creative, innovative and strategic marketing and communications programs and initiatives that enhance or facilitate growth and development of the organization’s business objectives. Main areas of responsibility include:
- Consults with various Institute stakeholders to understand their business objectives and develops marketing and communications solutions to achieve their objectives
- Enhances marketing and communication activities by conducting interviews with stakeholders, conducting market research, and soliciting feedback from other subject matter experts
- Manages the successful implementation of marketing strategies and communication practices to meet departmental Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Project manages, writes, edits and proofreads website content, Institute publications and materials including reports, email communications, print and digital advertisements, etc.
- Creates briefs and content outlines, and provides on-site strategic support for producing video and photographic content
- Oversees and coordinates the documentation process for all marketing and publication planning initiatives and activities with clients that includes developing detailed project plans, setting milestones, deliverables, agreed to processes, and outcomes
- Post-secondary education in marketing and/or communication, including training in digital marketing, copywriting, CMS, desktop publishing, basic HTML
- 4+ years’ experience working directly in marketing/communications, working with marketing campaigns from concept through to execution and evaluation
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships by exercising tact and diplomacy while maintaining the highest levels of customer service
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines, and effectively handle changing priorities
About Smart, Savvy + Associates Recruitment Professionals
Smart, Savvy + Associates are experts in helping marketing and communications leaders find people and develop teams that thrive and deliver inspiring results. As a people performance company, we specialize in finding marketing and communications talent in the Pacific North West. Our specialty is strong relationships: we get to know our candidates and we take the time to explore the job requirements, workplace culture, and business objectives surrounding each hire.