Position Type: Permanent, Unionized
Status: Full Time
Date Posted: May 29th, 2019
Closing Date: June 23rd, 2019
Salary: $52,187 per annum
Ecojustice is Canada’s largest environmental law charity. Our mission is to use the law to defend nature, combat climate change and fight for a healthy environment for all. Our strategic, innovative public interest lawsuits lead to nation-wide precedents and deliver concrete solutions to our most urgent environmental problems.
Working with Ecojustice means joining a team of passionate, hard-working professionals. We strive to build an inclusive and respectful working environment, where all employees are valued for their contributions to our mission.
Ecojustice offers a comprehensive benefits program, which includes:
- Family friendly workplace policies, including a generous annual vacation allowance (starting at 3 weeks and increasing to 6 weeks), Winter office closure (between Christmas and New Year), Birthday day off, maternity and parental leave top-ups, and a workplace culture with an overarching emphasis on work life balance;
- Extended health and dental coverage for employees and their families;
- RSP matching after 1 year of employment;
- Transportation incentives to encourage an environmentally friendly commute to work; and
- Volunteering incentives, to enable all employees to give back to the communities and causes that they are passionate about.
We also support ongoing employee development through our People Potential Program, which aims to give all employees a tailored plan in order to access professional development and training opportunities relevant to their own career development.
Ecojustice is 100 per cent funded by individuals and organizations who share our values. To learn more about how we are building the case for a better earth, please visit: www.ecojustice.ca.
About the Role:
Ecojustice is looking to hire for the newly created position of Marketing and Engagement Specialist. This role will plan, develop, and implement data-driven strategies for moving Ecojustice supporters up into and up our engagement pyramid towards becoming a donor. A key member of Ecojustice’s digital team, they build Ecojustice’s brand awareness and maximize digital revenue growth by designing compelling supporter engagement journeys and optimizing conversion rates on digital campaigns. They will help Ecojustice transition from a single track, segmented email program to a multi-track, segmented email program that better reflects our pyramid of engagement and integrates with Ecojustice’s established giving programs.
Lead generation & donor acquisition and stewardship
- Implement and evaluate an integrated engagement program that builds a committed community of Ecojustice supporters, inspires them to take action in support of the organization’s work, and moves them through the appropriate fundraising conversion funnels
- Plan and execute strategies to attract, cultivate, and convert new supporters and donor prospects, collaboration with their peers on the communications and philanthropy teams
- Manage paid search and social media marketing campaigns to increase Ecojustice’s visibility among target audiences
- Analyze contact data, profiles, supporters, and leads to come up with targeted segments and tactics for consistent targeted marketing communications
- Become the subject matter expert about which combination of channels, messages, creative, delivery methods, and timing work
Digital marketing & automations
- Manage the sending and reporting of content marketing emails, specialized campaigns and social posts and ads
- Maintain all drip marketing, stewardship, and re-engagement campaigns
- Optimize website content for SEO
- Automate and establishes processes for the supporter journey from start to finish and uses Engaging Networks to optimize the customer experience
- Run A/B tests to optimize outcomes, analyzes and reports results, then builds engagement pathways with recommended improvements and executes on them
- Create assets or work with colleagues to produce banks of assets that can be used in marketing campaigns to engage new and existing audiences
- Support the development and implementation of digital marketing and engagement innovation initiatives
- Develop and tests data-driven hypotheses to optimize conversion rates and segmentation strategy
- Monitor emerging digital trends and technology and contribute strategic recommendations to help Ecojustice deliver upon its operational strategy
- Troubleshoot campaign glitches and works with digital team to resolve errors between systems and ensure solutions are implemented rapidly
- Model positive, collaborative behaviours in all team and cross-departmental interactions
- Collaborate with external parties to onboard new tools and manage existing products
Note: This job may require other responsibilities and duties as assigned by Ecojustice
The ideal candidate is a thoughtful and dynamic team player who has a track record of delivering excellent results.
Education and Experience Requirements
- 3-5 years of specific, full-time experience in digital marketing and lead generation/nurturing using an enterprise-level marketing automation tool like Engaging Networks, Salsa, etc.
- 1-3 years of direct and database marketing experience
- University degree, or equivalent experience, in a related field
Required Knowledge and Skills
- An aptitude for writing snappy calls to action and producing compelling creative assets that inspire people to care, share, and dare to build a brighter environmental future with Ecojustice
- High-proficiency working with:
- Engaging Networks and Raiser’s Edge, or similar CRM database Because we use Engaging Networks, we will give preference to candidates with that specific experience, but will consider users of other systems.
- Facebook Ad Manager
- Good Ads
- Google Analytics, Tag Manager and Search Console
- WordPress, or similar CMS
- Microsoft Excel
- Candidates with experience building and expanding a nascent automation program will be given preference.
- Extensive knowledge of demand generation and direct marketing and fundraising best practices as well as the ability to stay abreast of new methodologies, tools, and technologies.
- Proven problem-solving aptitude along with critical and data analysis skills.
- Must be a self-starter with lots of initiative and the natural inclination to seek out answers rather than wait for them.
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal skills and attention to detail.
- Must be able to independently prioritize, set and meet deadlines, and manage their time
- Appreciation of environmental and social justice issues and the charitable sector
Qualities required to perform duties
- Your passion for technology and data-crunching is matched only by your passionfor working in a team-based culture and sharing ideas and knowledge
- You have a disciplined, entrepreneurial approach to strategy and are driven by curiosity to develop custom solutions that deliver outstanding results
- You are a self-starter who thrives under pressure, sets clear priorities, andmanages time and resources efficiently
- You are a thoughtful communicator with excellent English language French (oranother language) skills are an asset.
Ecojustice is committed to creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment. We welcome and value the contributions of individuals who identify as members of a minority or marginalized community, and encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, women, people of colour, and people with a disability.
Interested applicants should submit their cover letter and resume online at:www.ecojustice.ca/careers no later than the Sunday, June 23rd 2019 closing date.
If you have any questions about this role, please contact Cheryll Januszewski, People and Culture Manager, by email at [email protected] or by calling 604-685-5618