Central 1 wants to be the national choice for financial, digital banking, and payment solutions in Canada. Our unique place in the financial services industry enables us to power progress for more than 300 financial institutions from coast to coast to coast. Central 1 has created a collaborative work environment made up of curious and courageous employees passionate about finding the right way forward for clients.
It’s important we succeed, because the banking industry is one where disruption rules and old ways of doing business are quickly becoming a thing of the past. Central 1 is here to keep Canada’s financial marketplace diversified, support Canadians who want a choice when it comes to banking, and do good for the communities we serve.
The Marketing and Events Coordinator provides overall support for both client facing and internal meetings, events and conferences. The Coordinator helps ensure exceptional attendee, sponsor and exhibitor experiences throughout each event. The Coordinator provides both planning and administrative support to a varied portfolio of events including two large multi-day conferences and trade shows and a number of smaller events, meetings and webinars.
You’ll be primarily accountable for:
Working closely with the Events Manager, provide ongoing support to Central 1 corporate events, meetings and conferences by:
- Supporting the planning, coordination, administration, logistics, execution and follow-up of all events
- Supporting the completion of event project plans and delivery of events on-time and on-budget
- Maintaining exceptional customer service through incoming and outgoing e-mail and phone communications with clients, attendees, exhibitors and sponsors with a high volume of inquiries
- Organizing all details of trade shows including contracts, print and promotional materials, invoicing and other logistics
- Coordinating the registration and payment process and communications with all attendees for events
- Organizing and communicating with a variety of vendors and suppliers
- Coordinating marketing print and collateral for events
- Assisting with the coordination of various other event details as assigned
- Providing administrative support including planning internal meetings, taking meeting minutes, arranging shipping and mailing and other tasks as assigned
As the successful candidate you possess a post secondary education specializing in Marketing, Communications, Events and/or Business Management along with 2 – 3 years in a marketing and/or events coordinator role. You have excellent written and oral communication skills and superb organizational skills with high attention to detail. You have experience working with and managing relationships with suppliers and vendors as well as good interpersonal skills in person and on the phone with a client focus, and possess maturity and professionalism to work with staff at all levels. Experience and savvy with or the ability to learn event management related software including event management and registration platforms (Cvent or other), online content management (Wordpress or other) and event apps is required. Experience coordinating large scale (400+ attendees) conferences and managing tradeshows along with some knowledge of the following tools we use would be an asset:
- MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Online communications platforms (Mailchimp or other)
- Project management tools (Wrike or other)
- Working in a Mac environment
- Accounting software (Quickbooks)
As much as we believe in working hard, we also believe in personal growth and taking time for ourselves. Accordingly, our total rewards philosophy amounts to one of the best compensation and benefits packages in the industry – from performance-based incentives and extended benefits, to training and education reimbursements and ample vacation time.