We’re looking for a zesty Marketing and Events Intern to help us bring the first billion users to the blockchain and strategize with our team to position our products and brands as captivating blockchain products.
The ideal candidate is an organizational guru who also enjoys being kept on their toes with ad-hoc projects to coordinate on the fly. They are energized by collaborating and partnering with different teams, enjoy process mapping and seeing brands come alive.
A little about us:
Dapper Labs is the company behind CryptoKitties. Formed in February 2018, Dapper Labs was spun out of Axiom Zen to spread the benefits of decentralization through the power of play, fairness, and true ownership. Notable investors in Dapper Labs include Andreessen Horowitz, Union Square Ventures, Venrock, Google Ventures, Samsung, and the founders of Dreamworks, Reddit, Coinbase, Zynga, and AngelList, among others. CryptoKitties is the world’s most popular blockchain application outside of cryptocurrency exchanges.
Dapper team members are humble and curious entrepreneurs, builders, and tinkerers who share a passion to demystify blockchain technology and tap its potential to create change in the world. Our people are our greatest strength: our diverse crew flourishes in a distributed hierarchy where personal autonomy and professional growth are encouraged. We value our culture above else: regardless of where you came from, what you studied, or who you used to work for, your role here will necessitate both a high level of creativity and strategic thinking on complex issues. Everyone here is a founder, and no one fits in a box. We’re all driven by an insatiable thirst for learning and development, and that’s what brings us together.
What we’ll accomplish together:
- Event marketing that adds value as a go-to-market channel to help bring the first billion users to the blockchain.
- Establishing our products and brand as recognizable and loved blockchain products through strategic events marketing and swag.
- Continuously iterate processes to enable event decisions and ensure that the team effectively understands the value of each event.
What this role entails:
- Collaborate with marketing team members on various ad hoc initiatives such as social media, market research and project management.
- Manage incoming event requests, including tracking and sending responses to external events managers.
- Responsible for resourcing team members to attend events deemed worthwhile
- Submitting all required details for events we are attending.
- Updating the organization wide events calendar.
- Ensuring all event attendees complete feedback post-event for you to present key learnings.
- Management of swag inventory at appropriate levels, including placing re-orders, updating budgeting spreadsheets accordingly.
- Researching potential new swag items and making recommendations, with the possibility of assisting with the design of these items.
- Preparing swag for events, visitors to the Den and co-ordinating weekly swag request sends.
- Organizing the swag storage in our brand new office to be functional and space efficient, maintaining it as new shipments arrive.
- Work hand-in-hand with the operations and talent team on special projects to enhance employee experience and assist with internal events.
A little about you:
- We believe in processes and the power of planning, but you will often have to roll with the punches and prioritize the most impactful tasks on the fly.
- You relish marketing a variety of products and being part of the team responsible for bringing new ones to market and making them successful.
- You are organised and detail-oriented. You are a proud spreadsheet master and believe in the power of colour coding.
- You are excited to cross-collaborate with different teams and communicate well across many stakeholders.
A little more about us:
At Dapper Labs we recruit the best and foster an environment that empowers our team. That means a workplace that is diverse, inclusive, and open-minded. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.
We offer compensation commensurate with the high level of talent we seek, diverse opportunities for learning and development, extensive benefits, and flexible time off policy.