Company: Coast Capital Savings Federal Credit Union
Location: British Columbia (CA-BC), Help Headquarters
Job Type: Temporary
Together, we help empower you to achieve what’s important in your life.
Marketing Co-op (4-12 Month Term)
Tired of building your portfolio with your aunt’s book club posters? Ready to get some real-world design experience? Really like the colour blue? Coast Capital Savings has an exciting opportunity to work in the Marketing team and apply what you’ve learned in your marketing, advertising and graphic design classes.
What’s the job?
The Marketing Co-op is responsible for applying graphic design skills to develop or update advertising, promotional or communications materials while adhering to brand standards. This role also supports branding projects by assisting with administrative tasks associated with the execution of Marketing deliverables.
What you’ll get to do.
Creative • Provide graphic design including advertisements, photo editing, social media tiles
• Animate graphics for emails, social and web
• Export print ready files and coordinate printing and distribution with external suppliers
• Photograph and document events for Social Media
Administration • Coordinating photo shoots for branch services such as Mobile banking team and Financial Planners
• Coordination of invoices to ensure timely payment and reconciliation
• Update intranet as assigned
• Coordinate directory advertising, statement messages and statement stuffers as assigned
• Other branding projects and duties such as: sourcing prizing, contesting and administrative tasks
Who are we looking for?
• You must be enrolled in a recognized co-op program through an accredited BC post-secondary institution and available to commit to a 4-12 month co-op term.
• You have excellent graphic design skills using Adobe Creative Suite
• You have knowledge of print production process
• You’re able to make basic animations suitable for web, email and social media
• You can take great photos with both a smartphone or camera
• You have strong computer skills, are familiar with MS Office Suite
• You have strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task and meet deadlines effectively.
• You have excellent communication skills, with the ability to write basic copy
Why join Coast Capital Savings?
We don’t mean to toot our own horn, but…
- We improve Canadians’ financial well-being through providing simple financial help.
- Employees do what’s best for our members. Every day.
- We believe in being a great corporate citizen so we invest in our local communities by donating our time, money and expertise.
- Our employees take advantage of the many opportunities to grow their careers.
- Employees love having a cool place to work, which includes wearing their jeans on Fridays & Saturdays and being recognized with a virtual (and, at times, an actual) high-five.
- Our inspiring leaders help our employees develop their talents and encourage them to be their fabulous selves.
- We have a unique culture where we take our business seriously, but ourselves, not so much.
- In 2017, we earned double kudos by being named one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies – two of the nation’s most coveted business ads, may we add.
Does this position inspire you? If so, apply today at Coast Capital Savings.