SAFE FLEET owns a portfolio of brands committed to saving life and property, reducing accidents and improving employee efficiency and job satisfaction.
Our VISION is to be the leading global provider of safety solutions for fleet vehicles.
We develop, manufacture and sell best in class high performance safety related products. Our products provide increased functionality and integrated solutions for fleet vehicle manufacturers and operators.
FleetMind Solutions Inc. is a division of Safe Fleet specializing in Video Solutions and we are currently accepting applications for a Marketing Communications Specialist.
FleetMind Solutions Inc. is the award-winning technology leader for “smart truck” fleet management solutions. FleetMind’s technology is derived from over 15 years and millions of dollars invested in developing the industry’s best and most advanced fleet solutions specifically designed for waste and recycling environments.
FleetMind solutions Inc. have been successfully installed in thousands of vehicles across North America. Our products have allowed the industry’s top waste and recycling fleets to link their drivers and vehicles to business operations in real-time to ensure improved productivity, safety, sustainability, profitability and customer service
What are we looking for?
We are looking for an energetic, hands-on, detail-oriented individual for this opportunity.
This is a permanent full-time position, 40 hours per week.
Compensation is base salary. We also offer paid vacation time, sick/personal days and fully paid benefits after 3 months’ probation (Life, Accidental Death & Disability, Short and Long-Term Disability, Extended Health, Dental, Employee Assistance Program and RRSP Program with company matching your contributions, up to 3% of your salary).
Why do you want to work here?
We are located in Coquitlam (a few blocks from the Hard Rock Casino), close to a bus route and Hwy 1. An ideal location for people in Coquitlam, New Westminster, Maple Ridge, Surrey and Burnaby who don’t want to spend hours a day commuting into Vancouver.
Our building backs onto the Fraser River, with access to a beautiful walking trail, a park with picnic tables and spots where you can access a sandy beach and dip your toes in the river or just sit and watch the world float past.
We offer our employees a one-hour lunch break, regular social committee activities like potluck and themed lunches (i.e. Taco Party, BBQ, etc.) and all the tea and coffee you can drink. We also have a monthly staff celebration with delicious cake, in honour of everyone celebrating a birthday or work anniversary that month.
The Marketing Communications Specialist will be responsible for the performance of day-to-day marketing and communications tasks and processes required to support market awareness and drive demand generation at FleetMind, Safe Fleet’s ‘Smart Truck’ fleet technology solutions provider. This will include implementing and coordinating effective communications strategies to reach the waste and recycling market, managing and raising awareness of the FleetMind and Safe Fleet brand, ensuring brand compliance and consistency, planning and executing marketing campaigns, and developing sales enablement materials.
- CORPORATE BRANDING –Rollout of the new Safe Fleet brand directions, and the ongoing management of FleetMind brand communication, compliance and promotion.
- PUBLIC/MEDIA RELATIONS – Leverage waste industry media channels to garner coverage of corporate developments and to support thought leadership campaigns through contributed editorial placement.
- SOCIAL MEDIA – Expand social media efforts to build and better engage the waste and recycling community with a goal to increase online reach.
- EVENTS – Pursue speaking opportunities at events to raise FleetMind and Safe Fleet’s profile, planning promotional campaigns for events exhibition, and setting up press briefings at the annual Waste Expo event.
- MARKETING COLLATERAL – Ensure the timely development, with input from the Product Marketing team, of marketing collateral including product literature, data sheets, corporate presentations, white papers and branded merchandise to support sales efforts.
- CONTENT MARKETING – Develop and distribute Fleet Smarts newsletters, blog postings and other online/advertising campaigns to support sales efforts.
- WEBSITE(S) – Direct and manage the updating and maintenance of the corporate websites with relevant and compelling content in collaboration with the Product Marketing team.
- BUDGETING & SUPPLIER MANAGEMENT – Coordinate the administration of and reporting associated with marketing projects and campaigns, including budgeting and the management of suppliers.
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in B2B marketing and communications roles, preferably in the technology or waste industry sectors
- Strong knowledge of PR and media relations functions and how to leverage these for optimal awareness
- Knowledge of content marketing, SEO and social media trends
- Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple projects and busy schedules
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and WordPress
- Knowledge of SEO and Google Analytics
- Experience with marketing campaigns on social media and Google
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- English proficiency a must; French proficiency a bonus
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Degree or diploma in marketing, PR or related field