Who are we?
Live Nation Entertainment (LNE) is the world’s leading live entertainment and eCommerce company, comprised of four market leaders: Ticketmaster.com, Live Nation Concerts, Artist Nation and Live Nation Network. Ticketmaster.com is the global event ticketing leader and one of the world’s top five eCommerce sites, with over 27 million monthly unique visitors. Live Nation Concerts produces over 22,000 shows annually for more than 2,300 artists globally. Artist Nation is the world’s top artist management company, representing over 250 artists. These businesses power Live Nation Network, the leading provider of entertainment marketing solutions, enabling over 800 advertisers to tap into the 200 million consumers Live Nation delivers annually through its live event and digital platforms. For additional information, visit www.livenation.com/investors.
Who are you?
Passionate and motivated. Driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit. Resourceful, innovative, forward thinking and committed. At Live Nation Entertainment, our people embrace these qualities, so if this sounds like you then please read on!
The Marketing Coordinator is a 13-month contract position within the Live Nation Canada marketing team based in the Vancouver office. This position acts as administrator in the marketing activities of shows and events and is also the primary contact for media in Western Canada. An eagerness to develop and learn within a fast-paced team environment will be key to success in this role. In addition to being able to exceptional time management, the successful applicant must be able to confidently interact with team members, media, consumers and management.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Handle media accreditation including compiling lists, sending for approvals, and completing internal processes
- Prepare and distribute press releases for show announcements across Western Canada
- Respond to media requests for interviews, photos, details as needed
- Pitch and schedule artist interviews with media outlets
- Create email Live Nation e-blasts and festival email campaigns
- Manage poster and flyer allocations and distribution
- Assist with Live Nation and festival social media pages as needed, including responding to customer service inquiries
- Communicate graphic needs to external graphic artist
- Coordinate contest prizing with contest winners
- Manage website updates for various properties
- Create, audit, and code invoices, and compile into marketing summary packages
- Perform other tasks and work on special projects as needed
Skills and Experience:
- Flexible and adaptable team player that can manage multiple and changing priorities
- Experience collaborating with teams and working independently
- Proven ability to listen, understand and communicate effectively
- Ability to maintain a solutions-focused, positive attitude incorporating integrity, confidentiality and discretion
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- General knowledge of current digital and social media tools
- Avid interest in music, knowledgeable of artists and genres, and have an overall interest in learning about the music industry
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite considered an asset
- Available to work evenings and weekends as required
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
Sits for extended periods of time at a computer station or work desk; stands and walks regularly throughout the day; uses hands and fingers to operate computers and office equipment for up to 8 hours each day; lifts up to 10 pounds regularly; exposed to typical office environment conditions and noise levels.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Live Nation Canada strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by provincial and/or federal law. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking park in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. If accommodation is needed during the application process, please contact us and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Live Nation Canada recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Live Nation Canada may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.