Why Native Shoes?
It seems the heavier the world gets, the more it needs lightness. At Native Shoes, we’ve made lightness our life’s work with our purpose: to make it easy for all to live lightly.
To achieve this, our team is an embodiment of our values:
Design: We consider aesthetics and functionality in all we do.
Possibility: We explore and achieve higher dreams by leaving constraints at the door.
Integrity: We do what we say we do.
Accountability: We take personal responsibility for our actions.
Love: Leading with kindness, we love those around us enough to have truthful conversations.
Light: Above all else, we keep it light.
We engage in a fast paced, ever-evolving working environment with plenty of room for innovative thinking — encouraging honesty and challenge in a comfortable workplace. If any of the above words resonate with you, this is the place to be.
Who is Native looking for?
Having spent the last 10+ years building your expertise in the realm of marketing in fast-paced, growing organizations, you are ready to take on a challenge and put that expertise to the test. You direct and inspire a team by rolling up your sleeves and working side-by-side with them. You have a proven track record of building and creating elevated brand experiences for retail brands; you love best to work with Purpose-led businesses to tell their story. You will inspire your team to produce compelling, impactful brand experiences through the combination of your experience, strength in strategic thinking and your love of being in possibility, that bring new clients to Native Shoes and build loyalty among existing clients.
Why should I apply?
Native Shoes has gone through a transformative journey and is uniquely poised to unlock entirely new markets and channels. As home to the fastest growing team and portfolio in the entire organization, the success of this team is truly equivalent to the success of the company. Are you ready for it?
What would I be responsible for?
Our Marketing function supports brand & campaigns, acquisition & retention and activating our Purpose Experience. As Marketing Director, you will be primarily focused on brand & campaign marketing. You will:
- Take the company brand goals and lead the development of supporting strategies for the Marketing function that grow awareness of our brand and purpose and support revenue goals
- Develop, prioritize and lead the execution of Marketing strategies to support high growth business
- Accountable for initiatives to drive brand awareness and equity across DTC and select wholesale partners Nordstrom and Zappos
- Build and lead Marketing Planning process and promote innovative customer experiences and driving the growth in brand awareness
- Lead culture culture of brand aligned, strategically focused, accountable marketing activity
- Lead development of narrative and communication themes for the annual marketing plan, and inform the creation of the marketing calendar
- Define Content Strategy to support Purpose story-telling and foster awareness and understanding for end consumer
- Special focus on Content Strategy, Campaigns, PR & Comms and Social Media channels to grow brand awareness, promote our Purpose and support company commercial goals
- Lead relationship with PR agency, define PR & comms strategy for Native Shoes
- Support Brand and Marketing horizon planning
- Work successfully in building strong cross functional relationships and processes that best support the business outcomes and marketing requirements
- Build and develop new and emerging capabilities in the team ongoing as required by the demands of the business
- Work collaboratively Creative Director, our leaders in Digital Marketing, Purpose Experience (community) and Art to drive cohesive and meaningful outcomes that uniquely leverage each channel
- Provide day-to-day leadership, support and guidance across the Marketing team as well as the wider company
- Advise and communicate to executive and senior management team on all relevant marketing initiatives and competitor trend information, ensuring key stakeholders have the right information at the right time
- Lead the process for the continuous evaluation of trends and adjust strategy to capitalize on shifts in the marketplace, including the process of obtaining and disseminating competitive intelligence across all markets and product lines;
- 10+ years of DTC Marketing experience including retail or ecommerce, preferably in the apparel industry
- 5+ years of experience in people management and leading a group of diverse individuals, with particular emphasis on leading through change
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or Business Management
- Willingness to travel
- Proven ability to develop effective and engaging advertising, storytelling and integrated marketing programs
- Proven experience managing, coaching and leading a team
- Strong interpersonal and customer relation and networking skills
- Goal-driven, able to develop and manage a strategic growth initiative
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and influencing skills
- Proven presentation skills and experience speaking in public
- Must be self-motivated and energetic with a high level of commitment
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong analytical, planning and forecasting skills.
- Proven ability to articulate vision and strategy in a way that inspires and motivates a team while focusing on achieving business goals.
- Proven ability to manage multiple, complex priorities within demanding time-frames.
- Proven ability to lead a dynamic marketing team and organization.