Marketing – North Vancouver, BC, Canada – Full Time
You’re a creative, think-on-your-feet event marketer who also has a solid understanding of business development. You’re strategic first, and then turn on your innovation thinking cap second, always ensuring that your fresh campaign ideas are aligned with business goals. Naturally social and outgoing, you make friends wherever you go, whether in person or in the virtual world. You thrive on fast-paced work, great working relationships, and changes of scenery to keep life moving forward and fun.
Smart, Savvy + Associates has partnered with our client, a North American event production company, in their search for a Marketing Manager. Reporting to the Marketing Director and based in the Greater Vancouver area, this role is instrumental in developing marketing programs and promotional partnerships at a global level. If you’re innovative and creative each day, working alongside a team of passionate professionals who love pushing the envelope and creating one-of-a-kind memories, consider applying for this opportunity today!
About the role:
The Marketing Manager leads a team of marketing strategists, and collaborates with the Marketing Director to develop a large and geographically diverse network of strategic partners. This role functions extensively in project and relationship management tasks, with an end focus on customer experience at hosted events. Main tasks include:
- Develop a unique company “voice” through strategy, content, and developing relationships and partnerships, to build the brand and the business, and firmly supports brand standards
- With the Director, define a marketing vision and communications strategy and tactical plan, along with content strategy and plan, to build business relationships, community/customer relationships, and maintain clear communication with employees, stakeholders, partners, etc.
- Plan and develop a social media calendar and content to reach multiple audiences across multiple channels, working in collaboration with internal teams e.g. creative
- Develop and manage operational budget, providing regular reports on adherence
- In partnership with the technology team, monitor and evaluate analytics and various data to gather insight on campaign success and drive future iterations
- 5+ years’ experience in marketing at a global level for events/entertainment, with ability to lead remotely
- Demonstrated experience developing and leading marketing initiatives from concept through to execution, and in developing partnerships based on promotional opportunities
- Excellent communications skills both verbally and writing, in-person and via digital channels
- Self-motivated to get things done both independently and when working as part of a team
- Outgoing personality with genuine interest in meeting new people and developing working relationships
- Innovative thinker who enjoys doing things differently; excels at creating fresh marketing content
- Successful in engaging audiences through a range of social media platforms and digital channels
About Smart, Savvy + Associates Recruitment Professionals
Smart, Savvy + Associates are experts in helping marketing and communications leaders find people and develop teams that thrive and deliver inspiring results. As a people performance company, we specialize in finding marketing and communications talent in the Pacific North West. Our specialty is strong relationships: we get to know our candidates and we take the time to explore the job requirements, workplace culture, and business objectives surrounding each hire.