We’re currently seeking a PR & Corporate Communications Specialist at an exciting time in our company’s growth. Reporting into the Head of PR & Corporate Communications with a direct line into BBTV’s Leadership team, the PR & Corporate Communications Specialist will plan and execute on a number of PR initiatives including an active and hard-hitting corporate news pipeline, thought leadership campaigns around BBTV’s quadruple bottom line strategy, and provide strategic inputs across the company’s numerous digital touchpoints.
The candidate will have responsibilities for communicating major business updates across the company and also with BBTV’s external stakeholders. Applicants should be driven, smart and vibrant!
- Responsible for national and local Canadian PR, building and managing solid media relationships that influence BBTV’s key audiences across business, employer, and lifestyle press
- Press coverage monitoring, including in-depth analysis and ongoing recommendations to improve ongoing PR campaigns
- Supporting US PR efforts and activity in international markets
- Press release, bylined article, and blog post writing on hard-hitting corporate stories, emerging technology trends, and quadruple bottom line initiatives including Equal Work for Equal Pay, and Gender Equality in the Workforce
- Development of annual PR campaigns, inclusive of Key Performance Indicators and reporting against activity
- Speech writing and presentation development for the executive leadership team
- Support wider Corporate Communications initiatives, including the organization of company-wide meetings, events and an array of internal communications tactics and materials for employees and strategic partners
- Work alongside the Community team to advise and be involved with our social properties
- Developing and managing BBTV’s corporate messaging platform
- Ongoing spokesperson training, managing media interviews, and ongoing spokesperson development
- Account Manager level or above with proven experience in a reputable PR agency/media facing role at a fast growing business
- Flawless written and communication skills
- Fantastic interpersonal skills and an ability to work independently and within a team and with business leaders, junior employees, and external stakeholders
- Holds strong media relationships across both national and local Canadian business outlets, and knowledge of US digital media publications
- Has an excellent nose for a story and is bold in their approach
- Able to work across numerous departments and feed into the Leadership team while playing an active role in the middle management team
- University education in PR, Communications or Marketing
- Good understanding of media & technology and able to discuss tech developments intelligently with influential stakeholders and contacts
- Sound knowledge of the investor and financial markets
- Proven track record in executing well respected Canadian PR campaigns
- Exceptional organizational skills, can multi-task with ease and is 100% committed to deadlines
- Excellent team player and positively contributes to the culture of the business
At BBTV, our team is everything. We offer competitive compensation packages, rapid career advancement, flexible hours, and operate on a horizontal management structure that rewards creativity and values transparency. Our state-of-the-art open concept office is built to give you the perfect balance of work-and-play.
From the fully stocked games room, lounge spaces, movie theatre, and in-house automated barista, to healthy snacks, gym passes, and a culture committee (in charge of frequent outings and team-building events), we’re not your typical 9-5 gig.
Today, we are the third largest video property on the planet (behind only Google and Facebook) and have built the top video networks across all major verticals. So if you love collaborating, innovating, and pushing yourself to excellence, let’s talk!
To all recruitment agencies, BBTV does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, BBTV employees or any other company location. BBTV is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.