Seamlessly partnering across the organization, the director will raise the visibility of lululemon within the Americas region with external audiences to enable the company to reach new guests, partners, and thought leaders.
The Americas PR Director will be responsible for the strategic public relations efforts of lululemon in the United States, Canada and Mexico. You will work alongside our Americas and Global Guest Innovation team to ensure PR strategies support our business objectives, and you’ll lead a team of PR managers in key markets, responsible for amplifying community stories and regionalizing product and brand initiatives. In addition, your team will ensure global initiatives within lululemon build brand resonance in North America, with strategic regional-based communications strategies.
You will be a key leader within the Global Communications team, reporting to our Vice President of Communications & PR. You will work closely with peers leading Global PR, Global Corporate Communications, and Global Internal Communications to support in-market initiatives, develop the communications team, and co-create news-making strategies.
• You are the leader in developing integrated brand, community and product PR strategies in the United States, Canada and Mexico.
• You work alongside lululemon’s Americas and Global Guest Innovation leaders to identify consumer media opportunities that can support our business objectives across markets and communities.
• You develop and lead on new and dynamic public-facing initiatives that support the overarching goals of the organization in the areas of product innovation, education, and brand building.
• You create compelling brand, product and community messaging, and use your strong media relations skills to coach company spokespeople.
• You lead the strategic development and successful operations of communications strategies to highlight North America-specific retail partnerships, initiatives, and announcements.
• You build authentic relationships with key media and industry influencers that result in authentic earned editorial in North America.
• You work cross-functionally with other teams to build integrated strategies across various communication platforms to elevate overarching company-wide initiatives.
• You lead a team of PR managers in-market.
• You have responsibility to help ensure the Global PR agency, based in New York, performs at the highest levels and supports in the management of the agency based on initiative.
• You support our communities in media outreach and strategic planning.
• Have 15+ years of dynamic experience in public relations and experience working for a global organization.
• Have at least 8 years of experience managing a team.
• Have strong media relationships in North America and a strong understanding of the digital landscape.
• Have brand, product and retail experience.
• Are experienced in building strategies.
• Have experience managing agency relationships.
• Have excellent written and verbal communication skills; and strong presentation skills.
• Enjoy having fun and co-creating innovative strategies that stand out from all others.
• Quickly and easily develop relationships and people come to you for advice because they trust your opinion.
• Are a strong writer.
• Are an experienced spokesperson.
• Have an insatiable appetite for learning and personal development.
NOTE: Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest. lululemon is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request. This Equal Employment Opportunity policy applies to all practices relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, discipline, transfer, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment. While management is primarily responsible for seeing that lululemon equal employment opportunity policies are implemented, you share in the responsibility for assuring that, by your personal actions, the policies are effective.
: Store Support Center