Legalization has opened up the recreational cannabis market in Canada, and the global demand for medical cannabis continues to expand. In this exciting new environment, Canopy Growth’s mission is to be the No. 1 cannabis company in the world. We’re looking for incredible people to join us on the journey.
With millions of square feet of licensed cannabis production and operations spanning five continents, Canopy Growth Corporation (“Canopy Growth”) is the largest legal producer of cannabis in the world. It is a listed company on the Toronto Stock Exchange (WEED), the New York Stock Exchange (CGC), and is part of the S&P Composite Index. Its wholly owned subsidiaries — including its flagship, Tweed, and international medical companies operating under the Spectrum Cannabis brand — are leading producers of legal, regulated cannabis.
Headquartered in Smiths Falls, Ontario, Canopy Growth recognizes that employees are at the core of its success, and takes pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity. Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue and increase our incredible momentum of growth.
Canopy Growth is at the forefront of the rapidly growing retail cannabis industry. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Trade Marketing the Regional Trade Marketing Manager will support the Sales and Strategy team to bring Canopy brands to life in 3rd party retail stores. With a passion for executing with excellence, and an understanding of both provincial and national regulations, the Regional Trade Marketing Manager will support in creating world class programming. The successful candidate will also support in budget management, measuring ROI and creating best practices for launching numerous brands and innovative formats. Working closely across teams and functions to create consistent messaging and measuring across all initiatives.
- Develop and implement a merchandising strategy that supports new marketing and business development initiatives for the portfolio; align national brand objectives with regional trade and sales requirements
- Support regional program executions and the trade marketing budget
- Develop and implement new initiatives to drive brand visibility and to gain market share within regulatory frameworks
- Clearly communicate all brand strategies and programs to Sales, including: development of trade/customer presentations; sell sheets; etc.
- Champion the brand vision within the business, building passion and understanding of the positioning and strategy
- Work in close collaboration with the Retail and Brand teams to ensure consistent messaging across all deliverables
- Identify and leverage regional best practices
- Become a Subject Matter Expert on regional legislation changes and developments, working closely with Legal and Government Regulations teams
- Leverage/identify consumer and customer insights to develop support programs and tools (integration with the Insights Manager)
- Establish national and regional processes and protocols to integrate Marketing and Sales activities/objectives (below-the-line focus)
- Work closely with Marketing and Sales to improve processes that link corporate brand building activities with customer development and Sales activities
- Manage Regional Trade Marketing budget
- Monitor and measure program execution and effectiveness; provide post-mortem analysis and recommendations on programs
- Monitor and report competitive brand actions and developments
- Other duties as assigned
Experience and Background
- 3-5 years experience in Trade Marketing
- Preference in fast-paced CPG industry
- Experience in a customer facing sales roles an asset
- Insatiable curiosity to discover ways of collecting and translating consumer data into actionable decisions that directly influence the programming we create
- Extensive experience in managing and building budgets
- Proven experience in measuring trade program effectiveness and ROI
- Solutions oriented thinker who views unforeseen challenges as opportunities, not roadblocks
- Ability to work independently and a fast-learner
- Experience in building trade dashboards and excels in basic Microsoft office programs
- Ability to travel 30-40% of the time each month
- This is a full-time position based out of Toronto, Calgary or Vancouver.
We appreciate the interest from all candidates, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements. If you don’t hear from us, don’t fret; every resume we get is kept in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
One last note: the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.