Skullcandy Canada is seeking a Retail Marketing Specialist to assist in the creation of the overall strategic planning and corporate communications around brand initiatives at point of sale. The Retail Marketing Specialist will lead by building out the retail marketing calendar to launch compelling brand stories as well as strategize and implement global strategy. As the driving force behind product launches, product-specific marketing and product integration into all retail, this person will be the liaison of marketing workflow and communication between HQ and the Regional as well as the hub of workflow between local Sales and Marketing.
- Be the driving force behind retail product launches, product-specific marketing and messaging, and product integration into all retailers. This position is the hub of workflow and communication between Sales, Product and Marketing as it relates to product-focused messaging and Marketing initiatives at point of sale.
- Manage and direct the strategy for our national merchandising team to maximize ROI within all retailers.
- Manage launch of all new products, including in-store, POS, retailer websites and seeding.
- Ensure promo plans are executed on retailer’s websites to align with the overall plan.
- Drive and manage messaging and coordinate execution across all retail channels.
- Works with and supports Product and Sales teams as necessary, including content and imagery for training material, sales meetings, presentations, etc.
- Coordinate and lead the process of developing product-specific campaigns and sales tools.
- Works with HQ Retail Marketing team to strategize and build local fixture program including POP and vendor relations.
- Ensures effective communication of product campaigns, features and benefits from Global HQ to local market.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, with concentration or experience in Marketing, Business or Communications.
- Minimum 3-5 years in related marketing role with a key focus on retail/ brick and mortar.
- Strong leadership and consensus building skills; marketing management and strategic planning experience; a proven track record in developing and administering a marketing program.
- Self-starter, highly motivated, organized and proactive.
- Able to work well cross-functionally with all levels in the organization.
- Polished presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Needs good knowledge of Microsoft Office and Windows-based computer applications.