Job Description Summary
The Scientific Marketing Specialist (SMS) contributes to STEMCELL’s goal of helping scientists advance science by using effective marketing strategies to reach target markets and promote the awareness and adoption of life science products and technologies. This includes translating product strategy into engaging marketing messages and tactics to attract new business and lay the foundation for lasting customer relationships. The SMS uses marketing best practices for creating and distributing engaging content, targeting customer segments, analyzing key metrics and exploring novel communication approaches. Ultimately, the SMS contributes to STEMCELL by engaging customers throughout the buyer’s journey, in close collaboration with the Scientific, Product Management and Marketing Communications teams.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates and executes strategic marketing campaigns, including product launches, to support the delivery of STEMCELL’s market segment strategy, and sales and marketing goals related to the assigned product line(s).
- Creates, maintains and enhances marketing collateral, including product pages and other website content, social media content, brochures, videos, web and print advertisements, sales tools, tradeshow booth graphics, and other promotional materials.
- Generates high quality marketing collateral to support lead-generation and nurturing, including contributing to the development of messaging, generating draft copy, submitting creative briefs and collaborating with the Creative Team to develop creative drafts, and distributing approved collateral internally and externally through appropriate channels.
- Manages the review and approval process for copy and creative drafts, incorporating feedback from stakeholders.
- Monitors execution of campaign plans, identifies and reports bottlenecks and delays, and updates status of assigned tasks in project management system.
- Tracks, reviews and reports progress and results of marketing campaigns and tactics with supervisor, Product Manager and campaign project teams; modifies tactics with input from cross-functional teams as needed.
- Ensures product-specific branding is maintained and that corporate brand and voice guidelines are followed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- May review marketing collateral generated by others, providing feedback as required.
- MSc in cell biology, immunology, medical laboratory sciences or other related scientific field, or a combination of BSc with laboratory experience in same fields and 2-4 years of relevant experience.
- Self-motivated to deliver creative, high-quality materials to set deadlines.
- Ideally, experience in a marketing or communications role, with a demonstrated ability to translate marketing strategy and tactical plans into effective marketing collateral; demonstrated aptitude for marketing is a must.
- Technical writing skills appropriate for scientific and marketing materials.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and presentation) both in one-on-one and in group settings.
- Detail-oriented with proven ability to meticulously copy-edit materials is essential.
- Strong independent and group project management and organizational skills, including enthusiasm for working as a part of a dynamic, fast-paced, results-oriented team.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and respond to changing priorities.
- Proactive in continual learning and skill development.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number.Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!