Senior Manager, Brand & Social Marketing (Maternity Leave)
Company: Coast Capital Savings Federal Credit Union
Location: British Columbia (CA-BC), Surrey
Job Type: Full-Time
Together, we help empower you to achieve what’s important in your life.
What’s the job?
Reporting to the VP, Marketing, the Senior Manager, Brand and Social Marketing (12-14 month Contract) contributes to the achievement of Coast Capital Savings’ business objectives through developing and implementing the company’s brand-building activities in all external and internal mediums including channels such as the public website and other online, digital, mobile and social media properties. The key responsibilities include stewardship of the Coast Capital Savings’ brand including development of branded content and other creative assets to ensure a branded Omni-channel customer experience. The incumbent leads a team responsible for brand management, brand guidelines, external advertising, internal branding, social and content marketing, merchandising, graphic design and production.
What you’ll get to do:
- Responsible for the creation and writing of creative briefs, project submissions, business requirement documents, positioning papers, reports, staff and member communication (including copywriting)
- Responsible for proactively monitoring and reporting analytics to manage and optimize branding efforts, adjusting as required for success
- Responsible for management of the Brand and Social Marketing budget to ensure reconciliation. Balance and report on the overall Marketing budget
- Responsible for management of the trademark and IP (intellectual property) portfolio with in-house and external counsel.
- Serve as the company’s chief advocate for the brand; responsible for oversight of the creative production process and ensuring brand consistency
- Lead and/or represent the Marketing division on cross-functional committees for key corporate initiatives including digital banking and innovation, branch strategy, community strategy as well as support for corporate communication and Human Resources
- Responsible for managing the hiring of staff within brand and social marketing area. Provide coaching, mentoring, training and development to all direct and indirect reports to achieve success in their specific accountability.
- Responsible for leading and managing the branding strategies of the company to maximize customer interaction, increase brand health results and drive financial results. Lead the development and implementation of the social media strategy to align with our brand and corporate objectives.
- Responsible for monitoring the awareness of the corporate brand through a variety of quantifiable measures.
- Responsible for development of our content marketing strategy, ensuring it aligns with business objectives across the marketing funnel
- Direct the development of creative and production of all branding activities including advertising, merchandising, signage and marketing materials for all channels for both corporate and branch initiatives (external and internal programs).
- Develop and execute brand advertising campaigns across all channels and related media buys.
- Working closely with Marketing colleagues and internal stakeholders, assist in the execution of annual market plans
- Responsible for providing marketing leadership in developing a Branch of the Future strategy and oversee branch design/consistency
- Proactively collaborate with the Digital Experience Team on opportunities to improve the digital experience for our members
- Responsible for engaging the Community and HR leadership teams to manage the development and execution of our Community and Employer brand
- Partner with colleagues in Marketing and other business units to develop holistic marketing campaigns that support our Retail
Who are we looking for?
- Minimum 7 – 9 Years of Job Related Experience
- 7+ years’ experience in marketing and brand management for strong brands
- Demonstrated interest/passion for digital technology and social media, with a clear understanding of current practices, ecosystem and trends
- Proven ability to partner, communicate and manage/navigate through multiple marketing disciplines and varying organizational groups
- Experience within marketing, design/brand or related field
- Experience in the financial sector, or related industry
- Supervisory experience in managing a number of subordinates (managers and junior staff)
- Bachelor’s Degree or a diploma requiring 3 – 4 years of full-time study
- Expertise in marketing management and creative design, including both digital and traditional forms of media
- Proficiency in writing marketing creative briefs
- Experience managing external vendor relationships, particularly advertising agencies
- Experience in digital design and user experience
- Excellent facility with numbers and budget management
- Experience creating and launching multi-platform campaigns (web, social, mobile) and managing brand communities
- Highly organized, self-motivated, adept at managing change and priorities with an ability to work under tight deadlines
- Strong project management skills
Why join Coast Capital Savings?
We don’t mean to toot our own horn, but…
- We improve Canadians’ financial well-being through providing simple financial help.
- Employees do what’s best for our members. Every day.
- We believe in being a great corporate citizen so we invest in our local communities by donating our time, money and expertise.
- Our employees take advantage of the many opportunities to grow their careers.
- Employees love having a cool place to work with modern LEED certified offices and being recognized with a virtual (and, at times, an actual) high-five.
- Our inspiring leaders help our employees develop their talents and encourage them to be their fabulous selves.
- We have a unique culture where we take our business seriously, but ourselves, not so much.
- We are a Certified B Corp®. Our certification reflects our strong commitment to social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency.
- In 2019, we earned double kudos by being named one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies – two of the nation’s most coveted business awards, may we add.