The Senior Marketing Specialist will play an important role in the development and execution of Trail Appliances Marketing and Brand Strategy. You will be responsible for the development and execution of creative and innovative marketing strategies and tactics to influence sales opportunities and grow brand awareness through our broadcast, radio, PR and sponsorship channels
Reporting to the Director of Marketing (DOM) with dotted-line reporting to the Marketing Manager you will be a part of an energetic, creative, and collaborative marketing environment and work closely with other team members and areas of the business.
- Manage the Television, Radio, PR and Sponsorship channels and determine how these channels support the overall Marketing Strategy for the business.
- Build tactical plans for these channels. Monitor & maintain plans for adherence to overall marketing plan objectives and commitments
- Define, monitor, and analyze key performance metrics for these channels and use metrics to optimize future performance.
- Use consumer feedback, market research, and competitive analysis to create compelling cases to support ongoing marketing strategies for these channels
- Develop the annual marketing budget for these channels and prepare the monthly forecast and reconciliation of expenses.
- Coordinate on-air contests, sponsorship segments, endorsements that encourage consumers to interact with the Trail brand
- Plan, negotiate, purchase and monitor advertising space and airtime
- Develop a close and strategic working relationship with industry partners and leverage their resources and products to support marketing plans
- Work with advertising agency, industry partners and radio producer to develop and execute compelling creative
- Identify, analyze and pursue potential strategic partnership and sponsorship opportunities. Develop tactical plans to utilize these relationships to grow brand awareness and customer acquisition
- Assists with special event planning and execution
- Establish and maintain contact with the media
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in Marketing, Business or Communications
- Minimum 3+ years’ work experience with broadcast media (TV/Radio)
- Demonstrated expertise in managing advertising campaigns, public relations initiatives and special events
- Strong understanding of partnership marketing
- Good understanding of broadcast terminology and media planning
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Strong project and budget management, planning, and prioritization skills
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Well organized and self-motivated.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite
- Fluency in Mandarin, Cantonese or Punjabi (both verbal and written) is an asset