About the position
Are you equally comfortable in a SaaS sales/marketing role as you are in customer success or product management, and understand how to thrive cross functionally? Do you understand the needs of business and technology decision makers—and how to best speak to them? If yes, this may be the right opportunity for you.
As the Senior Product Marketer at Thinkific, you’ll quickly become an expert in our platform and the features/benefits we offer to various customer segments. You’ll work across departments to help us shine the spotlight on existing and upcoming features. An ideal candidate is passionate about online courses, understands platform technologies, and has extensive experience building content, driving sales readiness, and working cross-functionally.
In this role, you will:
- Influence product development and launch strategy, based on customer insight, market research, customer adoption, and market awareness
- Manage and execute the launches of new features
- Maintain and evolve a clear definition of our target customer segments, how they buy, and their buying criteria
- Help keep the whole team abreast of developments from our competitors, including opportunities to surpass them
- Help craft the messaging and positioning for Thinkific
- Communicate the value proposition of product features to the sales team and help to develop sales and marketing collateral
- Empower our Customer Support and Customer Success teams
- Be the voice of the customer in our product development, including reviewing and drafting clear user-centric product copy
- Engage directly with prospects, customers and partners to help them be more successful
To be successful in this role, you must:
- Have past (successful!) experience doing product marketing for a SaaS company
- Equally thrive in a sales, marketing, customer support, or product management environment and have spent 5+ years in one (or more) of these areas in your career so far
- Have excellent copywriting and content creation chops
- Feel building cross-functional relationships comes second nature to you
- Have experience creating and executing content campaigns, online events, and other non-paid digital campaigns
- Be a natural partnership builder—always looking for the next opportunity to team up with the industry’s biggest complementary brands
You might be the person we’re looking for if you:
- Love data, and believe strongly in data-driven decision making
- Are passionate about digital marketing and business growth. We’re building our own company by helping thousands of entrepreneurs around the globe build theirs—it doesn’t get more rewarding than this!
- Constantly think outside the box, coming up with creative ways to position features
- Be able to plan optimization and growth experiments in your sleep. Terms like CTR, LTV, Open Rates, Analytics, A/B Testing and Acquisition Funnels are also regular parts of your vocabulary
- Have used or can use tools like ActiveCampaign, Intercom, Unbounce, WordPress, and Freshdesk
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in a business-related discipline (or equivalent experience—we will also consider less formally experienced applicants that still demonstrate a strong grasp of marketing, have past work to show and are eager to grow quickly).
Bonus if you:
- Already created your own online course (extra points if you’ve used Thinkific)! If you’ve created your own online course, you already know exactly how our customers think (and how we can find more of them).
We’re about the results of online learning and the people along the way! Thinkific is a software platform that enables entrepreneurs to create, market, sell, and deliver their own online courses. Our mission is no less than to revolutionize the way people learn and earn online by giving them the tools they need to turn their expertise into a sustainable business that impacts both them and their audience. We believe in meaningful, innovative work: we’re building and expanding an incredible product that empowers course creators around the globe, while working collaboratively to learn and succeed together. Our customer support is the best in the industry and one of the main reasons educators love using Thinkific!
Why we think you’ll love working here:
- Be part of a collaborative, driven team focused on building best-in-class software for one of the fastest-growing companies in Vancouver
- We offer competitive salaries, health/dental/vision benefits, and our Employee and Family Assistance Program helps to support your well-being
- We have an open vacation policy and flexible work environment… because sometimes you do your best work in slippers 😉
- Our office is stocked with snacks, coffee, and the occasional Friday beer and cider to keep you fuelled
- We’re dog-friendly and have many furry friends sitting nearby, ready to be cuddled
- We get together often for fun company events (we’ve flown to California, hosted family BBQs, conquered The Chief, gone rock climbing and put our heads together to tackle creative challenges at our Hackathons)
- We have an amazing existing team of talented developers, marketers, designers, customer champions, and other tech industry pros that want to work with you
- Everyone has an equal opportunity to impact our product and company—we strongly value all of our people (the ones we work alongside and the ones we serve)
- We are passionate about education—we provide learning opportunities and encourage each other to continuously learn and grow through workshops, training, blogs, meetups, books and mentorships
- We provide a technology bonus for when you need to upgrade or replace your existing system
- We care about helping you grow your career AND your family. Family is important to us, and our paid parental leave provides you with a little extra help while you’re beginning this new adventure.
- We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what makes a company flourish. Thinkific welcomes all applicants regardless of race, gender, orientation, sexual identity, economic class, ability, disability, age, religious beliefs or disbeliefs, or status. We’re proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we embrace diversity. We welcome you!