Date: Mar 7, 2019
Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Company: British Columbia Lottery Corporation
Why you should work with us
At BCLC, we believe that our people are what makes us amazing so we are committed to our people. We have a culture of fun and hard work – it’s not unusual to see teams eating together at lunch in the cafeteria or heading outside for a walking meeting. We continue to have a highly engaged team and we’ve been named one of BC’s Top 50 Employers for over 10 years. Here are a few reasons why it’s great to be part of the team:
- Flexible work hours
- Robust wellness program with free onsite yoga, bootcamp, running club and more
- Competitive compensation
- Company paid Flexible Health and Dental plan for you and your family
- Defined Benefit Pension Program
- Leadership and professional development programs
Why our Vancouver office is so awesome
Vancouver has been regularly voted one of the top cities to live in the world with one of the mildest climates of any city in Canada. It is home to our Marketing and Sales Office and features:
- A subsidized cafeteria with healthy and delicious food choices
- Free parking
- Easy access to transit, including the Sky Train
- Secure bike facilities and easy access off the Central Valley Greenway
The Senior Specialist, Digital Marketing is responsible for developing digital and traditional marketing, advertising and promotional strategies, and tactical plans for specific product category/channels. The role is responsible for the implementation of comprehensive marketing plans and for coordinating with both internal and external stakeholders to ensure strategy buy in and integration of digital assets across the BCLC digital footprint. This role builds, develops and manages strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, and ensures an enterprise approach to digital marketing to maximize BCLC’s market presence.
- Develops marketing plans with a heavy reliance on digital channels for the product portfolio to optimize BCLC’s eGaming presence, bringing forward and advocating for portfolio needs when appropriate.
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to develop marketing strategies and manage all key components of marketing campaigns within the assigned category portfolio including digital strategy, traditional media strategy, marketing proposals, targeting, budgeting, creative strategy, and execution.
- Ensures that marketing activity supports a seamless customer experience and is a reflection of the appropriate brand identity, and ensures digital campaigns are integrated to larger marketing campaigns and/or customized for the medium to deliver greater overall performance.
- Develops and maintains performance reporting and metrics on both an aggregate and on an initiative basis, in order to demonstrate proof of performance and the value of digital marketing; communicates post campaign evaluations to key stakeholders.
- Acts as subject matter expert, implements best practices and stays on top of related industry trends and emerging techniques in the field of digital marketing and advertising.
- Proactively identifies opportunities to improve digital performance with an eye for innovation and to provide future-focused digital marketing recommendations.
- Provides on-going coaching and leadership to Digital Marketing Specialists within Enterprise Digital Services. Informally supports Digital Marketing Specialist in their development and growth.
- Proactively builds, develops and maintains strong working relationships with internal departments, business partners, suppliers, regulatory and government bodies, to ensure successful execution of strategies and initiatives.
Minimum Required Qualifications
Education and Experience
- A university degree in a related discipline such as business, marketing, or communications;
- 4 to 6 years related experience;
- An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
- Broad understanding of digital marketing concepts & disciplines.
- Broad understanding of traditional marketing concepts & disciplines.
- Solid business acumen with experience in strategic business planning;
- Proven ability to analyze business situations and develop creative solutions;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to work cross-functionally to influence business practices and build stakeholder support;
- Strong project management, time management, and multi-tasking skills;
- Highly self-motivated and ability to work effectively in ambiguous situations;
Digital Advertising Specific
- Experience with paid search channels like Google Adwords or Bing Ads.
- Experience with managing paid social campaigns across Facebook/Instagram, Twitter, Linkedin, YouTube and a range of other emerging social platforms.
- Experience with managing display on programmatic platforms such as DoubleClick, the Trade Desk or comparable channels.
Overall / Analytics
- Experience using analytics or attribution platforms like Google Analytics, Omniture, or other analysis platforms. Extra bonus for strong Microsoft Excel skills in order to analyze data yourself as necessary.
- Experience with landing page optimization Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong computer skills – MS office suite.
- Experience marketing eCommerce websites is an asset
Please Note: This opportunity will remain open until a qualified candidate pool has been established.
Please Note: Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Job Segment: Social Media, Advertising, Law, Outside Sales, Marketing, Legal, Sales